Re: CAP ONE raised the AF on the Venture Card

Hope to get one in six months lol. 

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 101 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. I just got approved for mine tody with a SL of 20k. It said on the app that it would be a metal card for new accounts so Im curious to see if its as aesthetically pleasing as my CSP. That 50k bonus is going to be nice Smiley Happy

Message 102 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!...Is it possible to open a venture and take existing cl on platinum card adding to venture, thus closing out platinum or, at the very least, leaving a $500 line on it?
Message 103 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Yep. I just got approved for mine tody with a SL of 20k. It said on the app that it would be a metal card for new accounts so Im curious to see if its as aesthetically pleasing as my CSP. That 50k bonus is going to be nice Smiley Happy

I find it more aesthetically pleasing than the CSP/R card. It’s fully metal. Not metal on the outside with a plastic core. It has a very nice heft. To each their own but I think you’ll like it a lot. 

Message 104 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Keep in mind the no-AF Venture One also works with the Hotels.com promo, and at the same 10x rate.  Smiley Wink

True, but 1.25x earning rate on everything else makes it a useless card IMO. 

Message 105 of 115
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Keep in mind the no-AF Venture One also works with the Hotels.com promo, and at the same 10x rate.  Smiley Wink

True, but 1.25x earning rate on everything else makes it a useless card IMO. 

Right, but some of us (including you I think!) believe that the Venture is a waste of money after the first year, compared to a free 2% card.  So the only good point is the 10x Hotels.com, which you can get for free with Venture One.   Yes, the earn on Hotels.com is going to be a little less, but not a whole lot compared to the 10x

Message 106 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, I looked at that right after I got approved for my Venture. Once I found out that it was another cool metal card, I was curious. Its expected delivery date is the 9th. I may downgrade it at the end of the year before the af hits. Im going to burn it up before then though Smiley Happy

Message 107 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 108 of 115
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I called CO and downgraded my Venture to the Venture One. Kept my 23k CL. Just made my first reservation using the CO card

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 109 of 115
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just wanted to let everyone know that on my last statement, my AF will be renewing next month at the $59.  Will be interessting to see though next year if they continue to keep it at the original number...

IMG_8311.JPG

Message 110 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.