Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP ONE?

THANKS for the suggestions jtheedges. I will update later !!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 16
mross1080
Established Contributor

its around 10 dollars a CRA and you can freeze and unfreeze when youd like. Its meant to help with identity theft but it works great when you want to apply for a card and want to make sure what CRA they pull. Although I did this method with amex and they called me and asked for my pin number to unfeeze my experian. AMEX is one of a kind.

Message 12 of 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

of course!  i hope it works out for you.  keep us updated.  we love seeing success stories!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 13 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you want a HSBC card, I would do the pre-qual for Best Buy Mastercard, most people are getting that card with no annual fee (I have the gold but when I do HSBC pre-qual I'm preselected for platinum which you think would be better but it has a $39-59 annual fee)

Also the pre-qual for Capital One is also a soft and if they offer you a card, I have not seen anyone get declined.  However applying without an offer showing in my experience is always a decline.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mross1080 wrote:

its around 10 dollars a CRA and you can freeze and unfreeze when youd like. Its meant to help with identity theft but it works great when you want to apply for a card and want to make sure what CRA they pull. Although I did this method with amex and they called me and asked for my pin number to unfeeze my experian. AMEX is one of a kind.

that's priceless ...

Message 15 of 16
silentdance
Valued Member

Just found out I was approved for a Capital One Classic Platinum card. Don't know the limit yet, but my scores at the time of app were TU 619 & EQ 642. This is my first unsecured card other than Orchard so I'm pretty stoked! This means you probably would also get approved.

Starting Score: TU 552 EQ 565
Current Score: TU 665 EQ 674
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

As a new (single) mom, my goal is to buy a great house by 2012. I'm busting tail to better my credit one day at a time, thanks to the help of this forum.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.