cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP One QS Upgrade? CLI?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Member

CAP One QS Upgrade? CLI?

Hey Folks:
I currently have 2 CAPOne cards: Platinum Ouicksilver.
Can I upgrade Platinum to Quicksilver - it is showing up as an option. So i'll have 2 QS cards? I currently dont see and upgrade available for my current QS card, just the platinum.
Also should i request a CLI before or after upgrade?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Senior Contributor

Re: CAP One QS Upgrade?

The upgrade from Platinum to Quick Silver would be a wise choice to obtain 1.5% cash back.

 

IIRC, One is eligible for SP CLI every 6 month interval.

Message 2 of 10
New Member

Re: CAP One QS Upgrade?


@AllZero wrote:

The upgrade from Platinum to Quick Silver would be a wise choice to obtain 1.5% cash back.

 

IIRC, One is eligible for SP CLI every 6 month interval.


Is there any benifit to request CLI before i do the upgrade or best to request it after on a slightly better card?

Message 3 of 10
Senior Contributor

Re: CAP One QS Upgrade?


@Credit-Ho wrote:

Is there any benifit to request CLI before i do the upgrade or best to request it after on a slightly better card?


Even though physically your upgrade will reflect a Quick Silver card. It is still a Platinum born card from the data points I've read.

 

I'm not aware of any benefits waiting to CLI before or after. If eligible, smash away.

Message 4 of 10
New Member

CAP1 Platinum

Hi Folks,

Question in regarads to my CAP1 Platinum - I've PC'd it to a QS (I already have a QS from new HP).

I've used this card very little over the course of 6 months and tried a CLI right befor I PC'd. It was denied for lack of use.

Should even put spend on the card and request CLI, my understanding is this card is probably "bucketed" - it's one of my oldest cards with only $500 SL.  Or should I move on and put in in my desk?

Also, for future CLI's  - What are the CCC"s looking for with usage? Swipes? Statement Cuts' with ballance? I tend to pay before statement cuts to keep UTL in check.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAP1 Platinum

When you say its your oldest card how old is it? Also most people here will say Cap 1 loves usuage, no one can really figure out what it takes for a CLI with them. But depnding on how many accounts you have closing it could hurt you.

12/18/19






Cards




Authorized User
Message 6 of 10
New Contributor

Re: CAP1 Platinum

When you say "I already have a QS from a new HP" I assume you mean that you have applied and been approved for a second QS.  If that is the case, what is the CL on the other QS?  If your PC'd QS is at a $500 SL, it likely is bucketed, but if your SL on your other card is higher, that may be the one to focus on for CLIs.  CapOne loves heavy spend.  Were there other reasons in your denial other than not enough spend?  

VentureOne $5,000 | AMEX Gold Delta $1,000 |
Disco $1,900 | Citi DC $1,000 |
Message 7 of 10
New Member

Re: CAP1 Platinum

Its' approx 2 years old.

I dont plan to cancel it, i'd just put minimal spend to keep it alive.

I guess the question is - do i put time and effort into this card to try to bump up the SL.

THanks.

 

Message 8 of 10
New Member

Re: CAP1 Platinum

Yes, New APP for 2nd QS with a SL of 3K.

I applied before i found this forum "didn't know about PC"

No other reasons listed for the CLI - other then not enough usage.

 


@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

When you say "I already have a QS from a new HP" I assume you mean that you have applied and been approved for a second QS.  If that is the case, what is the CL on the other QS?  If your PC'd QS is at a $500 SL, it likely is bucketed, but if your SL on your other card is higher, that may be the one to focus on for CLIs.  CapOne loves heavy spend.  Were there other reasons in your denial other than not enough spend?  




 

Message 9 of 10
New Contributor

Re: CAP1 Platinum

Since your newer QS has a 3k SL, it will likely have room to grow. If you put a decent spend through it and pay responsibily, Cap1 can grant you CLIs up to every 180 days.  Your $500 PC'd plat card is viewed by them as a rebuilder, and will likely always be viewed as such. Keep the card if you want as it has no AF, but if you chose to close it, it will still report as a positive TL on your reports for ~10 years.  

VentureOne $5,000 | AMEX Gold Delta $1,000 |
Disco $1,900 | Citi DC $1,000 |
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.