cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE A MESS!!! TO CLOSE OR NOT TO CLOSE???

tag
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

CAPITAL ONE A MESS!!! TO CLOSE OR NOT TO CLOSE???

I have 2 sub prime cards capital one "steps program" from early 2011 that hasnt moved past 750.00 and an Orchard Bank card at 1100 since 2007!!!!.  Called EO what a waste of time and effort told them i unlocked my TU and EQ so they can do the "hard pull" they didnt bother went for the EX?  My scores are in low 700's utilization 30% no baddies, never any late payments.  Asked that my stepcard be changed to venture card and raised credit limit, no go, asked for the orchard bank card to raise credit limit no go with a HP???  What the heck, my income is 97243.00 this is absolutely crazy. EO couldnt give me a reason why said i had to wait for letter.  What kind of company is this?  Should i go ahead and close both cards or sock draw them?  The only issue is the 2007 time frame on my Orchard Bank card.  Disgusted with Capital One.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE A MESS!!! TO CLOSE OR NOT TO CLOSE???

Looking at your siggy, it doesn't appear that you need the cards.  I would wait to see what the letter states specifically before deciding to close.  I understand your frustration with Cap 1, I was going to close it last month but gave the EO route another try and it worked out in my favor. 

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 2 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Did you call them directly?

The way most people seem to get results is to send an email and then wait for the EO to call them. a cold call to the EO isn't usually very helpful. 

Message 3 of 7
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

First, those cards are rebuilder cards.  They were not designed to have high limits because a) you're building your credit or b) you've messed up in the past and need a positive tradeline to show you're rehabilitated.

Second.  You don't need those cards anymore.  If you want to maintain your relationship with Capital One, you should apply for a prime card.  You cannot go from a credit steps to a Venture as they are different products.  If you don't want to close your existing cards, you should send an email to an executive at Capital One.

You didn't go through the proper channels to get your issues resolved.  That being said, your first mistake was calling the EO directly.  They have no reason to work with you without an existing case.  The EO handles issues that have been escalated to an executive level contact.  The agents are merely CSRs working under the direction of the executive customer service team.  If you don't follow the protocol, don't expect your issues to be handled as efficiently and expeditiously as you want them to be.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 4 of 7
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
rex_03
Contributor

Agree with the poster above that they are rebuild cards. I had them in the past, and with the fees on Orchard, and low limits not moving on Cap 1 I made the choice to close all. Did it hurt, yes, but I looked at utilization and moved on.. Now I have the cards I want, and I'll let the cards grow.
Message 6 of 7
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

Just a side note to the above posters, I did send an email first and was contacted by EO, i did not contact them directly

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.