cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE SECURED OFFICIALLY GRADUATED TO UNSECURED TODAY!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAPITAL ONE SECURED OFFICIALLY GRADUATED TO UNSECURED TODAY!

Did they give you a CLI on graduating?

Good call on the installment loan delay -- AAoA is important, staying over 12 months is probably wise.  And then they will age together nicely.

I'm not in a rush for Capital One to graduate me -- the card is sock drawered and if it does graduate I only will use it to combine to increae my overall limits with Capital One.  I'm hoping that by the time it does graduate, I can actually qualify for Citi DC and sock drawer the QS as well, haha.  It's still nice to go from pretty much no credit in March to $13,000 of credit in August and hoping it'll be triple that by next year -- and I have DIscover and Capital One to thank for letting me back in the door with poor FICO08s.

Message 11 of 42
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Hey thats great!! Congrats on the upgrade for sure!! PC that to the QS!!Smiley Happy Enjoy, this will open up doors for you.

Thank you P1, when I spoke to CS they said that they review accounts periodically and was asked to check back for any offers to PC that to the QS. Is that true? Did I really need to wait for an offer? Is it too early to request for it? 

I would think now that your card has unsecured (make sure it shows it online first), that you could call or chat and ask to PC your current card to the QS.  If they say no, wait a few weeks until the dust settles from your card getting graduated, then call back again. 

Message 12 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they give you a CLI on graduating?

Good call on the installment loan delay -- AAoA is important, staying over 12 months is probably wise.  And then they will age together nicely.

I'm not in a rush for Capital One to graduate me -- the card is sock drawered and if it does graduate I only will use it to combine to increae my overall limits with Capital One.  I'm hoping that by the time it does graduate, I can actually qualify for Citi DC and sock drawer the QS as well, haha.  It's still nice to go from pretty much no credit in March to $13,000 of credit in August and hoping it'll be triple that by next year -- and I have DIscover and Capital One to thank for letting me back in the door with poor FICO08s.

Those are trully great strides you're making there. WOW! 13K of total credit within a few mos. is amazing. Thanks for sharing! Some things they said when I asked them months back about the possibilities of graduating the card, they said that they look at lot on the spend you put on the card as well as the regular payments you are making. But I guess since you have another Cap1 card, they might graduate you based on your activity and history with the QS probably.

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for Cap1 in March I had FICO08s around 550, ouch.  I did their prequalification page and was approved for either the Platinum unsecured or the secured.  I went secured because a $3000 secured card is better than a $300 unsecured card.

I was told here to wait 6+ months to apply for my second Cap1 card but I ran the prequal after the 5th statement cut and was approved for a QS1 with AF.  Decided to just jump on it at 5 months and approved for a $500 toy card limit. but I'm not stressed because I know Cap1 grows pretty quickly for most.  And I have a high net worth and income so I definitely put a lot through my cards every month but always PIF.

Downside is I can't be loyal to Cap1 for long -- once a better rewards card approval comes along, Cap1 will end up in the sock drawer, but I can still be thankful they took a chance on me and helped me rebuild.  Also their customer service so far has been amazing!

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I applied for Cap1 in March I had FICO08s around 550, ouch.  I did their prequalification page and was approved for either the Platinum unsecured or the secured.  I went secured because a $3000 secured card is better than a $300 unsecured card.

I was told here to wait 6+ months to apply for my second Cap1 card but I ran the prequal after the 5th statement cut and was approved for a QS1 with AF.  Decided to just jump on it at 5 months and approved for a $500 toy card limit. but I'm not stressed because I know Cap1 grows pretty quickly for most.  And I have a high net worth and income so I definitely put a lot through my cards every month but always PIF.

Downside is I can't be loyal to Cap1 for long -- once a better rewards card approval comes along, Cap1 will end up in the sock drawer, but I can still be thankful they took a chance on me and helped me rebuild.  Also their customer service so far has been amazing!

I know, the credit market has become more and more competitive. Your credit and income profile is way better than mine, so I think your odds of getting more prime rewards card are better than mine would ever be. But the goal for now is to grow my two larger SL cards Discover and Amex and get my scores higher so hopefully a year and a half from now I can try to qualify for a Chase card. 

Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know, the credit market has become more and more competitive. Your credit and income profile is way better than mine, so I think your odds of getting more prime rewards card are better than mine would ever be. But the goal for now is to grow my two larger SL cards Discover and Amex and get my scores higher so hopefully a year and a half from now I can try to qualify for a Chase card. 

Don't be so sure of that!  One of my employees only made $27,000 a year (he didn't work full time and didn't want to) and he had over $300,000 in credit limits and a mortgage that was the lowest I think in all of history -- 2.56% fixed!  Income doesn't mean as much as people think -- having a strong FICO score and a THICK OLD credit report profile means a lot more.  All the money in the world can't buy me the credit cards I want, but if I had perfect credit and made 80% less, I'd have gotten it years ago!

Make sure you join Chase Credit Journey -- it's a free useless FAKO score but that website will give preapproval offers that appear pretty strong.  It's a good way to check weekly if you have any offers since they update weekly.  If you see an offer there, hop over to the Chase prequalification page and run that (soft pull) and see!

Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't be so sure of that!  One of my employees only made $27,000 a year (he didn't work full time and didn't want to) and he had over $300,000 in credit limits and a mortgage that was the lowest I think in all of history -- 2.56% fixed!  Income doesn't mean as much as people think -- having a strong FICO score and a THICK OLD credit report profile means a lot more.  All the money in the world can't buy me the credit cards I want, but if I had perfect credit and made 80% less, I'd have gotten it years ago!

Make sure you join Chase Credit Journey -- it's a free useless FAKO score but that website will give preapproval offers that appear pretty strong.  It's a good way to check weekly if you have any offers since they update weekly.  If you see an offer there, hop over to the Chase prequalification page and run that (soft pull) and see!

Will do, thank you for all the advice! You've given me a lot of useful advice and will sure to put them to good use. Enjoy your weekend!

Message 17 of 42
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Congratulations
Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joecooltech wrote:
Congratulations

Thank you!

Message 19 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congrats clarkSmiley Happy Onward snd upwardSmiley Happy
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.