Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE STUDENT CREDIT CARD HELP!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE STUDENT CREDIT CARD HELP!!

HELLO, 

MY FRIEND HAS A QUESTION FOR THIS FORUM. MY FRIEND WAS ADDED AS AN AUTHORIZED USER TO HIS SON'S CREDIT CARD BACK IN 2009. THE CARD WAS DEFAULTED $300 FOR CAPITAL ONE. SHE HAS NO IDEA UNTIL SHE CHECKED HER CREDIT REPORT. MY FRIEND IS A STARTER IN CREDIT AND IS ADDED TO MY AMEX CARD 10K AS AN AU. IF SHE DECIDES TO APPLY FOR CAPITAL ONE STUDENT CARD, WHAT WILL BE HER APPROVAL ODDS? SHE EARNS 80K A YEAR AND SHE IS AROUND 700'S IN HER CREDIT KARMA SCORE BECAUSE OF MY AMEX CARD. SHE WAS ADDED TO MY AMEX CARD LAST MONTH AND HER SCORE WENT FROM 630 TO 720. 

AND ALSO, SHE APPLIED FOR SERVEAL CREDIT CARDS LIKE DISCOVER, AMEX AND CHASE. ALL DECLINED LAST MONTH OF MARCH. SHE HAS 3 HARD INQUIRES. 

PLEASE HELP!! 

THANK YOU EVERYONE! 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAPITAL ONE STUDENT CREDIT CARD HELP!!

1. please turn off caps locks.  My ears are bleeding.

2. try capital one pre-qualify site.  This is a good way to find out what she is approved for without the hard inquiry.

3. you indicated the credit karma scores, you may be aware, but if you are not, credit karma scores are not very useful to determine approval odds as the vantage scores provided by credit karma are not used by lenders and have a wide range of variation.

Good luck

Message 2 of 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

One major issue. If they were an authorized user on another card which default, they need to dispute that trade line on their credit reports they are not responsible for it as an authorized user, I would assume that a charge off like that would have a seriously negative impact on their credit report. But, an authorized user is extremely easy to remove, and once removed, or it will bounce back immediately.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Hopefully you understand what I said. That's when I get for using speech to text.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.