cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL one Quicksilver credit limit increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL one Quicksilver credit limit increase?

I applied for a Capital 1 platinum card October 2015. At the time, credit score was average 479 (previous bankruptcy). I was approved with $300 Limit credit steps program. I was automatically increased to $800 April 2016. August I was upgraded to Quicksilver with 1.5% cash back. Today September 3, 2016, my scores are average 604. I have used roughly $2,500 over the past 5 months from my $800 QS card. All payments ontime. What is my chances of getting a new increase of say $2000 or $3000? ANY COMMENTS, ADVICE welcomed.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAPITAL one Quicksilver credit limit increase?

Seeing it's a soft pull you have nothing to lose. You will have to wait the full 6 months before requesting the increase.

The chances of getting a big increase of what your hoping for is very hard tell tell.

I'm thinking if you are granted an increase you may be bumped to a total CL of $1500-$2000.

No one can be sure. They may bump you to $1200 or $1300.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Donny. I wish they would make it clear if they solely look at credit score for increasing purposes or frequency and dollar amount of usage. This is a hard waiting game.... ughh
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They look at scores, usage, the size of your payments you make to them, new or recent derogs & util.
Message 4 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Good stuff on this thread so far... I'm requesting for it to be moved to 'Credit Cards' so you'll get even more feedback.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization on their cards, or across the board on all cards?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can request a CLI. It's a SP so it wont impact your scores. If you decide to go for it... def report back your results.

Message 8 of 12
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Have you tried the cap one pre-qual site. From what I have read capital one increased in 6 months increments. Increases are also based on other factors such as derogatories, utility etc.  

Message 9 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Please don't post duplicated threads.  Orgiinal one here.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CAPITAL-one-Quicksilver-credit-limit-increase/td-p/4737...

Asking mod to merge or purge this one.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.