cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAp1 CLI request. $63 balance on card, denied for balance being too high!?!

tag
boober
Frequent Contributor

CAp1 CLI request. $63 balance on card, denied for balance being too high!?!

I've had my Venture card and my QS card for about 7  months now. I've heard I think every common excuse that other people have gotten for denials on this forum. Seems like I've passed all the hurdles that one would normally get denied for. Such as card's too new. Not enough usage on the card etc.

So I tried on my Venture card which has a limit of 7.5K but I was denied a few days ago "Due to balance on card too high." But the balance on the card was only $63.00.

Seems like Cap 1's just making up excuses to not give me a CLI.

Anyone else ever gotten that message that seemed a bit ridiculous like that one?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: CAp1 CLI request. $63 balance on card, denied for balance being too high!?!

No, got better one. As part of my spree, was going to try for regular quicksilver, lower apr (since EO is not budging). They denied saying income too low (my current quicksilver one, no af, sites at 4250), noticed no HPs. All internal

I have a Chase freedom with 7k limit. Applied for AARP and bigger bonus, with same income. Insta approved 5800. Previously applied citi diamond preferred, and took HP for cli, same income, final approval 5k (and they saw the Chase pull).

Cap One is being weird. They did give me cli to 4250 few months ago.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Maybe they meant the balance on another card is too high, or the balance was high and then you paid it but they don't recognize it as paid yet was it higher before?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They blamed DW of having a recent 60 day late, which never happened, on the time before the last request as a reason for denial. The last one was blamed on too low average payments, which have averaged $600+ per month, close to her average monthly usage. Who knows with them anymore.

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

IME, they use old SPs (two months old, in fact) when reviewing CLI requests. Was your balance on the card high a couple of months ago?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.