Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC APR RATE!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC APR RATE!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE HELP...I have credit issue and all the help from everyone is giving me the knowledge to carry on...Sorry for asking so many questions just getting educated...

Anyways between my wife and myself we have credit debt in the area of 12,000.  

Lucky for me I have the ability to work overtime and pay them off over the next year and a half...

As I pay them down I saw on another post to call the lenders and ask for the apr to drop and CL to increase as the cards reach 40% 20% then under 10%...Most of our cards are over 80% some closer to 90% used...APR in the 29.99 range...( I know high huh??) 

Is this true and should I do it??? "IF" the lenders agree to lower apr how much of a drop can I expect???  Also how long after you pay off a CC do the lenders start giving out CL increase on their own??? Thanks...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC APR RATE!!!

When your credit scores go up (or if they already are up) then ask for a loan with your bank or credit union and pay them off. The rates on personal loans on my CU are as low as 11.5% for 24 month or 13.5% for 60 months (I think you have to have a FICO score of 720+ to get those rates), 29.99% as you mention is pretty high. In the mean time DO call your credit cards and ask for lower rates, it costs nothing to ask, unless they're greedy and charge fees every time you call Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.