cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC - Great FICO score but starting to have hardship.

tag
Verde
Established Member

Re: CC - Great FICO score but starting to have hardship.

I think it is pretty obvious that you need to stop the bleeding. 27% to 5.5% sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

You are thinking about the best case scenario wich would be if everything works out, you win the lotto and you are able to repay the debt, but at 27% on 33k i think you should think about the worst case scenario as well, that you could start beeing late on your payments and then your credit would take a serious hit anyway.

Beeing realistic i think you def should take the deal. 

Message 11 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OP, I agree with the others.

This is a chance that a lot of folks don't get. Take the deal. You're in a world of hurt, and you shouldn't be worrying about your scores right now --they're the least of your problems.

Any closed accounts will remain on your history for 10 years, except with Equifax that like to clean house early. Even so, there are a lot of worse things that could happen to your credit, like strings of 120-day lates and charge-offs and collections.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Take the deal. Otherwise you are looking BK straight in the face. 
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
Take the deal. Otherwise you are looking BK straight in the face. 

Agreed..But you do need to look at how you got to where you are and take a long hard look at things, and your relationship with money.

You may wish to seek the services of a licensed financial counseler, consider budget planning and making some other changes to your life.

The simple fact that you were late 3 times in 12 months on one major card, and do not consider that in itself a problem as "it was not reported to FICO"...I am sorry but shows me you have some serious budget needs.

BTW I have been late on Cap one and Chase 1 time each card in the last year. One was a changed due date, other was I simply forgot to set up the online bank payment.

Message 14 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Yep,
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.