Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Increase Question

tag
Vulcan1
Valued Member

CC Increase Question

On an existing CC account, if I were to call my creditors and ask for a limit increase, is it a hard or soft pull? I have Capital One, USAA Amex and BOA. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC Increase Question

Of the 4 you've shared, only USAA would be a HP. The others are SP.
Message 2 of 7
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

USAA will be a HARDSmiley Mad        The others should be a soft....Smiley Very Happy

@Vulcan1 wrote:

On an existing CC account, if I were to call my creditors and ask for a limit increase, is it a hard or soft pull? I have Capital One, USAA Amex and BOA. 

Message 3 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You probably don’t need another answer saying the exact same thing, but just think of it as triple verification. 

USAA would be HP, but the others would be SP. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 7
Vulcan1
Valued Member

Will an increase on my Home Depot cc and one of my bank cc's improve my FICO score? I have less than 5%  balance currently.

Message 5 of 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Vulcan1 wrote:

Will an increase on my Home Depot cc and one of my bank cc's improve my FICO score? I have less than 5%  balance currently.

Probably not. You're already below the 8.9% threshold that typically optimimizes the utilization portion of your score.

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Vulcan1 wrote:

To add, CLI requests for Home Depot are typically HP. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.