Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Offer from PENFED??

tag
gorgon
Established Contributor

CC Offer from PENFED??

I just looked at USPS Informed Delivery, and apparently I'm getting a CC offer from PENFED today. I have never dealt with them at all, and only knew they existed from reading these forums. Is the mailer a normal thing?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
WavysMommy
Regular Contributor

Re: CC Offer from PENFED??

Unless it says pre-approved, it's just a marketing mailer. I got the same thing on Saturday, but I'm a member.

Message 2 of 15
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I get a mailer from them every few months. I am not a memeber.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

They seem to have ratcheted up their marketing offers recently. Nothing in marketing is guaranteed, but a pre-approval is more favorable, over say you've been selected, pre-qualified, any language of that sort.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received one as well, I'm not a member however hubby is. I'm a authorized user on his cards, so I'm going to assume that's how they got me, the language is pre-approved and quotes a specific APR on the back, I checked their website and it shows a range of APRS on the main product page. I entered the acceptance page and it shows "no offers found". I'm going to leave it alone 😂

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my mailer Friday, no affiliation with them ever. Preapproval for the Power Cash Rewards card with an approval code. I took it and got the card with an $8750 limit. Finished my account business with them today and am now a member with Access America checking, a savings account, and the PCR card. Painless and from my call to customer service today, I see their good reputation is so far well-earned.

Friend of mine at work got the same thing Saturday. She had to upload documents and is awaiting the ID verification completion.

If it says preapproved and has a code to accept the offer, it looks to be solid.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got this too, says pre approved with set apr, wonder if you accept is it sp like offers when you are a member already, do they give you the cl before you accept?

Message 7 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received one as well, I'm not a member however hubby is. I'm a authorized user on his cards, so I'm going to assume that's how they got me, the language is pre-approved and quotes a specific APR on the back, I checked their website and it shows a range of APRS on the main product page. I entered the acceptance page and it shows "no offers found". I'm going to leave it alone 😂

That about sums up PenfedSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 15
gorgon
Established Contributor

The offer I received states that I'm pre-approved for a Visa Signature card with 17.99% APR, a $100 statement credit if I spend $1500 in the 90 days, and 12 months @ 0% on balance transfers for 12 months. I am going to stay in the garden.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got this too, says pre approved with set apr, wonder if you accept is it sp like offers when you are a member already, do they give you the cl before you accept?

In my case, not being a member, I didn't get my limit until the pull was made. I can't speak to what happens if you're already a member...yet.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.