Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Usage during Holidays

tag
TULO30
Contributor

CC Usage during Holidays

VENT

I am so frustrated with my credit card usage right now!!!....I have recently completed a 0 interest bt of $5800...my plan is to get that balance to $3000 early next year...problem is I have recently charged $250 on another cc for a present!  UGH!!!  I am so angry with myself for doing that!! 

And the worst part of it is that I could afford to pay cash for the gift, but I am getting ready to go on a long international holiday trip (which I also paid cash for) so need as much cash as possible while I am travelling....to make matters worse I only have 1K in savings...but, that will also go to about 5K early next year as well...but I just feel so darn overwhelmed!!

Good news is that I do have a plan to decrease the debt and build up savings...but geez I feel so far behind the 8 ball.....okay VENT OVER

Anyone else charging during the holidays?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC Usage during Holidays

Yep and to boot just had a client transition tgo a 60 day no-pay on me Smiley Mad
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ouch, Brammy! --sorry to hear that.

'Tis the season where we tend to give ourselves permission to do what we know we shouldn't, whether it's over-eating, over-drinking or over-charging. I haven't started shopping yet (it's only the ninth, for Pete's sake!), but when I do, I will only carry the one card that I plan to use, with the amount I have budgeted for charging written on a sticky note and folded around the card. When I drag it out of my wallet, I get a reality check before handing it over. This works for me, well, mostly. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!!  I got done with all my shopping in October.  With the exception of the comp for my 14 yr old which will find its way back to BB if he doesn't stop behaving like a teen! My issue is with the no pay it seriously knocked me off-stride for what I  planned.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.