Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC reporting to credit bureau??

tag
stylenjen
Established Member

CC reporting to credit bureau??

I paid off my Credit One card last month and assumed they would report the account update to the credit bureau at the end of my billing cycle... which was 1/18/13. It is now two weeks later and this account has not been updated on my credit report yet. I called my CC company and they said they did report it... so why isn't it showing up? I am wanting to purchase a new car this month and really wanted this balance update to reflect on my credit score! Does it usually take this long for an update to reflect on my report? Can I ask them to report it again?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: CC reporting to credit bureau??

Bump
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Its Credit One who did not send their update to the bureaus. The bureaus update your file once they receive an update. But most companies do not update the bureaus once you make a payment they send updates in bulk once a month or so.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Usually they updated your payment at your next month billing cycle cut.

Let said if you statement cut on the Jan 18th then you wont see payment post to credit bureau until Feb 18th.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 5
jake619
Frequent Contributor

I have statement dates for two accounts on the 3rd. One updates by the 8th and the other deviates a few days around the 14th. I kills me because I cant figure out the pattern any better than that. My hunch is there may be lenders that report weekly, bi-weekly and monthly but I have no clue which abide by a given cycle.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.