Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC's not having phone apps?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC's not having phone apps?

Just found out one I just got approved for doesn't have one and that kinda stinks. I know I can sign in with a browser on my phone but still.

What are your thoughts on credit card apps? 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: CC's not having phone apps?

I rarely use the app unless I just need to check something quickly. Everything important is done on the website. The only exception is paying cap1. I'll pay them from the app. A lot of smaller cards don't have payments in app. The app just sends you to a mobile browser that looks like you're still in the app. Kohl's, Nordstrom, and PayPal are examples.

Message 2 of 25
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Easy, just use the browser and add it to your home screen 😂 lol
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the Disco, Amex, and CapOne apps. For anything else I use the websites.
Message 4 of 25
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I love the Disco, Amex, and CapOne apps. For anything else I use the websites.

Ooh, forgot about the disco app. I pay on there too. It let's me save a photo of my payment.

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep the Disco app is great - easy to use and complete in all its information and functionality. Have yet to find anything I can do on the site that I can’t do in the app.
Message 6 of 25
grower1
Frequent Contributor

I don't use any CC apps at all. I prefer the browser experience on my laptop. 

Message 7 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I generally prefer a browser to an app, so it's not a huge deal to me if an app is offered or not.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I greatly prefer apps to websites. I tend to check my cards with a bit of OCD and it’s much quicker to tap on each app in my finance folder than it is to log in to every website. 

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I was the norm but based off the previous comments I may not be. To me, it’s not exactly website vs app because there’s zero doubt the website is far superior when needing anything more involved.
But I prefer the app for one sole reason; instant purchase notifications. More important to me is knowing the exact second a purchase is made and I find it shocking and simply don’t use my BofA and smaller credit union because of this. PenFed sends me a text which I guess is fine but instant purchase notifications through the app are how I accept a lot of information and if banks can’t send my vital information instantly then they don’t really exist to me, I don’t need information three days later.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.