Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC's not having phone apps?

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: CC's not having phone apps?

Right. You need an app to generate notifications. I want to be notified for each and every transaction, and I refuse to apply for any new cards that won't do that for me.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought I was the norm but based off the previous comments I may not be. To me, it’s not exactly website vs app because there’s zero doubt the website is far superior when needing anything more involved.
But I prefer the app for one sole reason; instant purchase notifications. More important to me is knowing the exact second a purchase is made and I find it shocking and simply don’t use my BofA and smaller credit union because of this. PenFed sends me a text which I guess is fine but instant purchase notifications through the app are how I accept a lot of information and if banks can’t send my vital information instantly then they don’t really exist to me, I don’t need information three days later.

Yep. Lack of transaction notifications is a big problem for me. This is why I don’t use my PayPal Cashback anymore. 

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

An app is just one more spying eye on me. I don't need it as long as it has a functional website.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep the Disco app is great - easy to use and complete in all its information and functionality. Have yet to find anything I can do on the site that I can’t do in the app.

Found one thing ... most of the updates to the Mobile App have removed the Credit Card from my pay options in my Android Smart Phone. After about four times of resetting it up I QUIT!!! Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous ... where did your goal cards a USB Cash+ and UMB Bank cards go? Inquiring minds want to know?
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous... where did your goal cards a USB Cash+ and UMB Bank cards go? Inquiring minds want to know?

I can’t bring myself to garden for them. It makes more sense to take SUB offers than garden for these cards. The US Bank card with its current categories would earn me $48 more than my BBVA card for the year and the UMB card would earn me 1% more on groceries than my current setup with the SavorOne. A single SUB from a lender that doesn’t want to force me to not get new credit would cover more than a year of maximum rewards from both of them. 

That’s not to say if I do manage to fit the criteria that I won’t apply or that when my profile improves I won’t throw an HP at the apps anyway but as it stands right now, I am not willing to garden for a year. It’s not realistic to believe I would do so when my BK falls next year and I’m going to be at that 760+ mark. 

Message 16 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Right. You need an app to generate notifications. I want to be notified for each and every transaction, and I refuse to apply for any new cards that won't do that for me.

Interesting.   Not a requirement for me at all.   How many transactions do you do?   I would get way too many notifications.   And what use is the info?   If it's a fraudulent transaction, I dispute it soon enough anyway.

Message 17 of 25
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I am in front of a computer most of time so I use the web apps. However, I do like the mobile apps because of biometric sign in, and device level integration. I rarely use them, but I like the option. And Synchrony's lack of apps for their cobrands bothers me.
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:
I am in front of a computer most of time so I use the web apps. However, I do like the mobile apps because of biometric sign in, and device level integration. I rarely use them, but I like the option. And Synchrony's lack of apps for their cobrands bothers me.

Wait does that mean Marvel doesn’t have one either?

Sync has awesome apps for CareCredit and their MySynchrony cards like my B&H Payboo so it’s definitely a bit more than obnoxious that they don’t have one for my PayPal Mastercard, especially since PayPal couldn’t give a **bleep**. 

Message 19 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you're regularly/daily checking your accounts anyway (which most of us are), I don't see how notifications really are that important. Even if you do catch fraud, whether you catch it immediately or later that same day, it's not going to change the result -- card cancelled, new one sent out, etc. For me, constant notifications of every purchase would just be annoying more than anything, but to each their own.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.