cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC statement skipped a month - how will it report to CRAs?

tag
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

CC statement skipped a month - how will it report to CRAs?

So I changed the payment date on my Barclays Aviator card and since it would have made for an only sub-30 day cycle, they are skipping March's statement and the new payment date will go into effect in April after one long cycle; which means there will be no reporting for the month of March (I called and confirm since my statement never closed on its normal date and it says no payment is needed). Also, I tried calling and talking to 2 CSRs and neither could tell me how that would be reflected on my credit reports. Does anyone have any experience in this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC statement skipped a month - how will it report to CRAs?

Is there currently a balance?
Message 2 of 6
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Is there currently a balance?

Yep, I use it as my daily driver. I had paid it down to 8% right before I thought the statement would cut. When it didn't, I called to find out why and they said it was the change of payment date. I went ahead and paid it off after when it should have cut, just in case. And have been using it as normal since then.

My initial thought was that I would get an "NR" for March. But I have no experience with this and there's a shockingly low amount of information available when I searched it on the internet (that I could find). 

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

So, potentially since it missed the previous cut-off date for reporting, the new or updated cycle date would reflect whatever balance is on the card at the end of that cycle.

Whatever was reported at the last cycle or statement date would then change once the current cycle catches up due to the lag or timing with changing the due date. That is unless Barclays decides to do an off-cycle update which can happen in some instances.
Message 4 of 6
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Thanks, Finstar. I guess I just have to wait and see how things pan out as to whether it's displayed as an NR or on-time payment in my monthly account history. 

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Right, if you subscribe to any CMS or periodically monitor your CRA activity, that would probable be the best way to gauge how that change in your statement cycle was assessed with reporting.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.