Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC success!

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

CC success!

Hi guys 1.5 years ago I had no credit history at all and it was impossible for me to get a CC i was rejected in secured ines as well from all banks. ( no badies in CR ir anything).But luckily I was able to open one with a guarantor. I had gotten a BOA platinum student visa CC, 1k CL. Fast forward 1.5 years later paying in full every month for 1.5 years straight an having my one and only CC ultil at 5-9pct max.

Reading these forum post had hell me a lot and I just wanted to thank the people who had made post with questions I had in the past.

Now, today I was able to remove my guarantor on my BOA CC and got a CLI to 3.8k.. Very good to me since I am still a full time student with a part-time job. I also was instantly approved for a Citibank CC automatically after a had to pone in for a vertification on my phone number. I was also instantly approved for the Chase Freedom CC. This all happened within this past two weeks and I am super excited.

Also I took a HP on the CLI with BOA and has received a letter from them today saying that they did. To my surprise on the back of the letter it was shown that my fico CS is 778!!. I'm not sure how accurate this is but if it is 100% true I am shocked. I went from a CS in the low 500's to 778 in 1.5 years with one active CC.

So this is my story and I just wanted to share, n gives thanks to the many people who had gave advices to get good credit.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CC success!

That's great news congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum JaeJae12!

Congrats on your app spree and CLI!

Thanks for sharing your story.
Message 3 of 6
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Great story!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 4 of 6
rtw
Established Contributor

Congratulations! I love these type of stories.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 5 of 6
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.