Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC suggestions Please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC suggestions Please

Hello was wondering if anyone could tell me my chances on a good cc. I have 2 lates 30 day that happened nov of 2009 stupid bank thing but no others. I have my EX and TU frozen and was wondering what cards I might gett with a 700 EQ? I have 2 cards open Bloomingdales and Platinum AMEX which neither reports limits, 1 auto loan, 3 paid Mortgages no lates ever, 1 current Mortgage, and 2 closed cards that are showing a balance, Discover 2000 and Nationwide 1200....I applied for Citi got 30 day message, Chase dislikes me so havent tried, I want a StateFarm card, Penfed card, GM Card, Saks Mastercard, another Discover if they let me open it with a balance, No GEMB, No Barclays, but also maybe a FBOA or BMW card or Something that pulls EQ with my stats that would be a good card to transfer the Discover Balance I sent off the nationwide payment today wont report till god knows when they take forever....Also AAoA is 2.9 yrs and Oldest account 7.1 yeas on EQ...NO INQs, NO CO, Just those 2 lates of 2009 and obviously 2 closed cards with Balances....though I have a 700 EQ is it possible to get any card with this info? Even though I app for Citi no INQ as of yet, and EX and TU are locked. So dont know if thats a reason....And I have F/A on all 3 with my number to be cautious, so anyone with advice Id appreciate it. Thanks guys Smiley Happy I am in TX too, and no CU please unless Penfed is giving me a shot, I do have a savings with them opened in 2008 but never tried to get credit.....has 25 in it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CC suggestions Please

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello was wondering if anyone could tell me my chances on a good cc.

I have 2 lates 30 day that happened nov of 2009 stupid bank thing but no others.

I have my EX and TU frozen and was wondering what cards I might gett with a 700 EQ?

I have 2 cards open Bloomingdales and Platinum AMEX which neither reports limits, 1 auto loan, 3 paid Mortgages no lates ever, 1 current Mortgage, and 2 closed cards that are showing a balance, Discover 2000 and Nationwide 1200....

I applied for Citi got 30 day message, Chase dislikes me so havent tried,

I want a StateFarm card, Penfed card, GM Card, Saks Mastercard, another Discover if they let me open it with a balance, No GEMB, No Barclays, but also maybe a FBOA or BMW card or Something that pulls EQ with my stats that would be a good card to transfer the Discover Balance I sent off the nationwide payment today wont report till god knows when they take forever....

Also AAoA is 2.9 yrs and Oldest account 7.1 yeas on EQ...NO INQs, NO CO, Just those 2 lates of 2009 and obviously 2 closed cards with Balances....though I have a 700 EQ is it possible to get any card with this info? Even though I app for Citi no INQ as of yet, and EX and TU are locked. So dont know if thats a reason....

And I have F/A on all 3 with my number to be cautious, so anyone with advice Id appreciate it. Thanks guys Smiley Happy

I am in TX too, and no CU please unless Penfed is giving me a shot, I do have a savings with them opened in 2008 but never tried to get credit.....has 25 in it.

Welcome to Forums ~  you may want to split your post in the few paragraph, so other members won't skip reading your post.

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello was wondering if anyone could tell me my chances on a good cc. I have 2 lates 30 day that happened nov of 2009 stupid bank thing but no others. I have my EX and TU frozen and was wondering what cards I might gett with a 700 EQ? I have 2 cards open Bloomingdales and Platinum AMEX which neither reports limits, 1 auto loan, 3 paid Mortgages no lates ever, 1 current Mortgage, and 2 closed cards that are showing a balance, Discover 2000 and Nationwide 1200....I applied for Citi got 30 day message, Chase dislikes me so havent tried, I want a StateFarm card, Penfed card, GM Card, Saks Mastercard, another Discover if they let me open it with a balance, No GEMB, No Barclays, but also maybe a FBOA or BMW card or Something that pulls EQ with my stats that would be a good card to transfer the Discover Balance I sent off the nationwide payment today wont report till god knows when they take forever....Also AAoA is 2.9 yrs and Oldest account 7.1 yeas on EQ...NO INQs, NO CO, Just those 2 lates of 2009 and obviously 2 closed cards with Balances....though I have a 700 EQ is it possible to get any card with this info? Even though I app for Citi no INQ as of yet, and EX and TU are locked. So dont know if thats a reason....And I have F/A on all 3 with my number to be cautious, so anyone with advice Id appreciate it. Thanks guys Smiley Happy I am in TX too, and no CU please unless Penfed is giving me a shot, I do have a savings with them opened in 2008 but never tried to get credit.....has 25 in it.

Why is Nationwide closed and Discover?

GM and Saks are both HSBC and usually pull EQ I believe... Saks might be better to apply in store, they may start you with store card depending but can upgrade later kind of like with Nordstrom.

I have heard of a lot of pre-approvals for BMW CC when buying and financing a BMW car with BMW financial.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover was closed because I had an argument with the CSR and didnt realize closing a card with a balance was bad....Nationwide was closed because after I charged some stuff i needed for my business I never charged anything again (9k initially charged) they closed it 19months later for inactivity...it had 2200 on it at that time, So HSBC maybe? I like the GMCARD, Also Maybe StateFarm, or NordstromVisa? I just want a card to transfer that Discover balance with....

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Norstrom EXTREMELY sensitive to INQ, like anything over 2!!!

They also seem to really want to start people with store card and then with some spending at Nordstrom they will upgrade to Visa in 6 or so months.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.