Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC tracking

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

CC tracking

Does anyone have a CC tracker/spreadsheet they use for tracking last CLI requests and/or points?

I'm trying to get better at tracking them.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: CC tracking

I use a spreadsheet to track statement credits, hotel annual nights, and companion certificates. A second page of it compares annual fees to credits and estimated rewards.

It wouldn't be hard to make one for CLIs.

One row per card.

Possible columns:

Issuer

Card product name

Last 4 of card number

Current CL

SL

Date of last CLI request

SP or CRAs pulled

Increase requested

Increase actually granted

CL-to-income ratio at time of approval

Or reverse columns and rows if it fits your screen better.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 12
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

Does anyone have a CC tracker/spreadsheet they use for tracking last CLI requests and/or points?

I'm trying to get better at tracking them.

You can use this as a base. I've cleared all of my information but left most of the base formulas. It's a google sheet in view only mode but you can copy it and modify to your hearts' content. You can add rows for whatever you want to track. I also left an installment loan tracker at the bottom.

Credit Card Spread Sheet 

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 3 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

You can use this as a base. I've cleared all of my information but left most of the base formulas. It's a google sheet in view only mode but you can copy it and modify to your hearts' content. You can add rows for whatever you want to track. I also left an installment loan tracker at the bottom.

Credit Card Spread Sheet 

Your cards are all maxed out and you have waited more than 120 years to request a CLI?   Not a typical forum member!

Message 4 of 12
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

Credit Card Spread Sheet 

Your cards are all maxed out and you have waited more than 120 years to request a CLI?   Not a typical forum member!

Lol, I'm assuming this is sarcasm (I hope)?

For anyone else who is reading this, you have to input some data. Obviously I removed my data. The formulas are there and if you make a copy, you can edit the sheet for your own use.

And no, I'm not a typical forum member. 

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 5 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@fury1995 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@fury1995 wrote:

Credit Card Spread Sheet 

Lol, I'm assuming this is sarcasm (I hope)?

And no, I'm not a typical forum member. 

Well, humor rather than sarcasm, but yes, not an actual serious comment.   

OTOH, if you have such a spreadsheet, you are probably more typical than you might think!   I would estimate that around 99.999% of adults in this country who aren't on this or similar forums would never even have thought of the need for such a thing!

Message 6 of 12
DONZI
Established Contributor

@madmann26-- there is a nice spreadsheet by @ccquest that you might like here.

It's doesn't cover what you want (CLI, Rewards) but those things could be added.

I've modified it a bit for PlanMaker, and have added rudimentary CLI request tracking, but ccquest's Account Aging sheet is a nice foundation to expand on if desired.

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 7 of 12
ccquest
Established Contributor

And if you want some idea of my card tracker page, this is what it looks like:

image.png

It tracks back to a complete transaction log I've got and tallies the balance that way. My account metrics tab pull from this part of the spreadsheet to get the utilization figures.

I don't track full CLI history at all, but the only relevant one to me is the last one. The "next CLI date" is based on what I've found for the issuer and I manually update the days based on success/failure with the CLI.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 8 of 12
DONZI
Established Contributor

That's a nice SL and CLI on the Altitude Go! Smiley LOL

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 9 of 12
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

I don't use anything fancy like a real "spreadsheet" but I have a text file where I keep notes...simply called CCs.txt...crafty I know.

But I have the names of all my cards/lenders, current limits, APRs, have dates set to ask for the next CLI if applicable and my x/24, x/12, x/6 dates, etc.

3/3/24
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.