Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCC's that issue seperate account #'s for AUs

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CCC's that issue seperate account #'s for AUs

Question for you all that have AU's on cards that do that now: Amex ACM's report flatly differently to the bureaus (or at least used to I haven't read anything in a year or so on that), are your AU account still retaining the full history or with the new number is it being installed as a seperate tradeline vis a vis Amex?

        
Message 11 of 16
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Question for you all that have AU's on cards that do that now: Amex ACM's report flatly differently to the bureaus (or at least used to I haven't read anything in a year or so on that), are your AU account still retaining the full history or with the new number is it being installed as a seperate tradeline vis a vis Amex?

AMEX still reports a different account # on the CR's, along with a different opening date to match the date the AU was added. No history along with them

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover does not - not that I can see, anyway.  I like how you can sort Amex and CapOne into different users.

Message 13 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@creditconcept wrote:
Can't delete, but I read your comment wrong. I thought you said what was the benefit to Different numbers. As for the benefits to same numbers....i have no idea.

The ability to track who made the purchase isn't reliant on separate account numbers, the CCC knows which card was used. (If a sig sheet is printed, it will show the name on the card for example).

Message 14 of 16
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@creditconcept wrote:
Can't delete, but I read your comment wrong. I thought you said what was the benefit to Different numbers. As for the benefits to same numbers....i have no idea.

The ability to track who made the purchase isn't reliant on separate account numbers, the CCC knows which card was used. (If a sig sheet is printed, it will show the name on the card for example).

Well, it's great that other CCC's may know who charged what, but Chase sure does not want to let it be known on my statement. At the end of the month, 40, 50 charges, which is a headace to remember who owes what. 

Amex is a breeze with seperate logins, and name tags. Even AU statements! Smiley Tongue Their handling of AU's is a great perk, I'm willing to give up an extra 0.5, 1.0% I may find with other cards in certain categories. But only if I have too.

And im sure not going to keep a pile of receipts with me like it's the 90's Smiley Very Happy

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 15 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@creditconcept wrote:

Well, it's great that other CCC's may know who charged what, but Chase sure does not want to let it be known on my statement. At the end of the month, 40, 50 charges, which is a headace to remember who owes what. 

Amex is a breeze with seperate logins, and name tags. Even AU statements! Smiley Tongue Their handling of AU's is a great perk, I'm willing to give up an extra 0.5, 1.0% I may find with other cards in certain categories. But only if I have too.

And im sure not going to keep a pile of receipts with me like it's the 90's Smiley Very Happy

I wasn't suggesting keeping the receipts, just pointing out that the CC knows without needing different account numbers.   So my real point is complain about the design of the site rather than the lack of different account numbers.

So Discover DOES show the name when you expland the transaction, just don't have a convenient way to sort transactions that way.

That said, if it is a CNP transaction, without different account numbers they cannot assign the user, so that is an advantage.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.