Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCs that only pull EQ or TU

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

CCs that only pull EQ or TU

Can anyone recommend CCs that ONLY pull either EQ or TU for their apps, and don't have super-high standards.

Thanks!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CCs that only pull EQ or TU

Barclays pulls exclusively TU. Pretty easy card to get.

Discover and Citi pulled EQ I'm in NC. Not the easiest cards to get though.

And Pen Fed exclusively pulls EQ. Not the hardest CC to get, however you will need to open a savings account with a whopping 5 dollars and also you will need to join of of their charitys, they have two, one costs 15 and the other is 20, they will do a hard pull from EQ to open the savings acct, but will use the same pull if you app for their CC. I hear they aren't the hardest CC to get and they give good starting CLI'S.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Best of Luck!

Message 2 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you, Mustanglvr. I'm considering Barclay's, but want to see what other options are out there that may be better. It's helpful to know that PenFed w/only do one hard pull on EQ for opening account and CC app.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome and sorry for my post all clustered, I posted it using my Droid X Cell Phone, I had it all written in paragraphs and when I posted it, it was all jumbled into one big sentence.

Will fix now.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also mention about Pen Fed......

I called yesterday and was speaking to a Pen Fed Rep and told her I had my EQ locked (Froze) and asked if I were to open a savings acct. would they be OK with just doing a soft pull for that and she said yes, but in order for them to process an app for a CC they would have to do a hard, so I would have to unlock it.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife just applied for Barclay's iTunes and got denied last night. Her TU is her highest score (FAKO). I'm guessing it's probably because she only has one CC with high utilization, her car loan and then mine (she cosigned). We came out of bankruptcy in the winter. Today I applied for her with Capital One and she was approved. Cap One Cash Reward card. $500CL with 17.9 interest after Feb (0% till Feb). TU was pulled on her for both. I also got the same Cap One card last night. TU was pulled. We are in Illinois.

Message 6 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you for the replies. I'm considering Barclays, but am concerned because they've taken AA against people on the forum (since they do a monthly soft pull on all 3 CRAs). I'm intrigued by PenFed; though I'm not sure if I'd be approved. My EQ FICO is about 670 and my TU FICO is just under 700 (but has 1 more inq that EQ).

The reason why I'm looking for a new card is because I don't expect my 2 Cap Ones to get a decent CL based on the experiences I've been reading about here. I'd like to get a better card asap so I'll be able to have more util and build my AAoA sooner.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife just applied for Barclay's iTunes and got denied last night. Her TU is her highest score (FAKO). I'm guessing it's probably because she only has one CC with high utilization, her car loan and then mine (she cosigned). We came out of bankruptcy in the winter. Today I applied for her with Capital One and she was approved. Cap One Cash Reward card. $500CL with 17.9 interest after Feb (0% till Feb). TU was pulled on her for both. I also got the same Cap One card last night. TU was pulled. We are in Illinois.

Wow!  Are you sure Cap One didn't pull all 3?  Historically they like to pull them all. 

But a lot of folks would be happy to hear if they only pulled one.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

stanggt03

Not to derail the thread, but I like your user name, 06 GT here

When I apped for my Cap1 CC's, they pulled all three CRA's

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they pulled the other two, it hasn't shown up yet. TU is the only one showing up.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.