Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFNA Mastercard (Tires Plus/Firestone)

tag
TryItAgain
Regular Contributor

CFNA Mastercard (Tires Plus/Firestone)

Looks like CFNA is rolling out a MC version of their normal store card to some people in Spring 2023.  They just ask that cardholders update their income and personal info on their account, I have no idea of the data points they will use to change people to the MC version. Regardless, it will make the card more usefull than it currently is.

Here is the e-mail I received today since I have a Tires Plus card...

cfna mc 2022-11-22_10-03-07.jpg

Will be interesting to see if it has any additional perks or if it's just a plane jane MC.

(Ch7 Discharged 12/12) AvgScore 807

Personal-
NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU Flagship 20k | NFCU More Rewards 10k | NFCU NavChek PLOC 15k | PenFed Power Cash 25k | PenFed Gold 15k | PenFed Pathfinder 10k | PenFed OLOC 3K | GTE Financial CU 15k | VyStar CU Cash Back 25k | VyStar CU PLOC 15k | FNBO Evergreen 25k | FNBO 11.85K | BofA Cash Rewards 10.1k | Capital One Venture 13k | Capital One QS 7k | PNC Cash Rewards 15.5k | Citi Costco 8.5k | US Bank Cash+ 10k | Discover 14.8k | Discover 14.1k | Regions Cash 6k | Truist Enjoy Cash 9k | Truist Future 6.5k | Elan Max Cash 7k | Wells Fargo Reflect 20k | Fifth Third 7k | USAA PrefRew 15k | CFNA Tires Plus MC 8k | GM Rewards 3.5k | TD Bank Cash 3.5k | Amex BCP 3K | Lowes Store 30k | Sleep Number Store 13.5k | Home Depot Store 10k | Amazon Store 10k | Care Credit 15k | Walmart Store 6k | JCrew 25k | Jared 18.6k | HSN 4.1K | King Size 4k | Buckle 3.1k

Business-
Amex BBC 25k | Amex BBP 22k | Amex Business Platinum NPSL 30.4kPoT | Citizens Business Everyday 35k | Sams Club Business MC 25K | US Bank Business Plat 24k | Capital One Spark 2% 22k | Marcus GM Business 12.5k | Capital On Tap 2% 10k | Chase Ink 3k | Divvy 7k | PNC BLOC 50K | Citizens BLOC 50K | (Private) BLOC 75K | WEX Business Access Fuel 30k | Sams Bus Store 25k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: CFNA Mastercard (Tires Plus/Firestone)

Got the same email as well for my Firestone card.  My thought process was the same, at least you could use this card elsewhere.  Right now mine is stuck in the safe with no reason to use it.

Message 2 of 14
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I got the same email, it was vague on details.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 3 of 14
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

Got the same email as well for my Firestone card.  My thought process was the same, at least you could use this card elsewhere.  Right now mine is stuck in the safe with no reason to use it.

I havent used my firestone card in a couple of years, im surprised they kept it open. maybe they will have decent rewards, then i will hit the cli button.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 4 of 14
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

I got one as well, though I can't log into my account 'cause I haven't used it since February 2020, yet they haven't canceled it - and gave me a CLI about a year ago from my initial $2200 to $4k.

I might actually use it if it's a Mastercard.  I just don't go to Firestone anymore.  Used it in February 2020 for new tires, paid it in fully in six months, and forgot I even had this card - until this email.  

Anyhow, can't log in to my account to update my income, address, etc.  Forgot the username, and I won't be home for a few weeks to get the card and the #.  Since it's spring 2023, hopefully that will be fine.  New rewards, Mastercard... I could see myself using this.

Message 5 of 14
user979797
Established Contributor

Thanks for this post.Smiley Happy   I checked my email and I also got the notice and was able to update my info on their updated website. This is one of my oldest accounts and one of the only banks that didn't cancel me years back through my BK7 when my score tanked so if they convert my account to a MasterCard i'll be pretty happy about it. I am glad they are rolling this out and I hope I get it so I can utlize the line easier.....especially if the new rewards structure is decent.  I have also found their customer service to be really good the few times I have needed it.

>
Message 6 of 14
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@user979797 wrote:

Thanks for this post.Smiley Happy   I checked my email and I also got the notice and was able to update my info on their updated website. This is one of my oldest accounts and one of the only banks that didn't cancel me years back through my BK7 when my score tanked so if they convert my account to a MasterCard i'll be pretty happy about it. I am glad they are rolling this out and I hope I get it so I can utlize the line easier.....especially if the new rewards structure is decent.  I have also found their customer service to be really good the few times I have needed it.

When was your bk7?

For the hell of it i hit the cli button last night, denied. i also havent used the card in 2 years.

Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 7 of 14
user979797
Established Contributor

My BK was discharged in 2017. I also hadn't used my account in a while and requested a CLI and was denied; no hard pull. I then used the card and let the balance report before paying off in full and the next month they automatically raised my limit to 3200 from 2800; which seems to be the standard max for a lot of people. I have seen a few get higher than 3200 but I have never seen anyone have a line over 6K... but it looks like with the MasterCard rollout, they are changing policies so this is great news.

If your credit line is under 3200, I would try to use the card let the balance report and pay it off and see if you get auto increased since it worked for me. Maybe it will work for you also Smiley Happy Good luck buddy!

>
Message 8 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TryItAgain wrote:

Looks like CFNA is rolling out a MC version of their normal store card to some people in Spring 2023.  They just ask that cardholders update their income and personal info on their account, I have no idea of the data points they will use to change people to the MC version. Regardless, it will make the card more usefull than it currently is.

Will be interesting to see if it has any additional perks or if it's just a plane jane MC.

It's always a plus (IMO) whenever they enhance or upgrade their closed-looped retail products to be on a major network and if it adds more value to its existing base, especially for CFNA. Eons ago I remember having the Firestone CC so glad to see it headed in the right direction.

Thanks for sharing.

Now, if Capital One can speed it up for the Kohl's MC, that would be great 😊 

Message 9 of 14
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@TryItAgain wrote:

It's always a plus (IMO) whenever they enhance or upgrade their closed-looped retail products to be on a major network and if it adds more value to its existing base, especially for CFNA. Eons ago I remember having the Firestone CC so glad to see it headed in the right direction.

Thanks for sharing.

Now, if Capital One can speed it up for the Kohl's MC, that would be great 😊 

Fingers crossed on that Kohls card. Rumors abounded a few months ago that the kohls card may convert to a m/c or visa cobranded card in early 2023.

Income 40k
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.