Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFU vs CFF underwriting standards?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: CFU vs CFF underwriting standards?

Back a few years ago I applied for the Freedom and FU on the same day and got the exact same limit and APR on both cards.  They also had the same BINs (first six digits), which suggests they might have similar rules on the back end.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Slabenstein wrote:

Chase doesn't require a year open before PC'ing?

Nope.  I did a PC away from my CSP around Month 10 to avoid that first AF hitting.  I only got the CSP in the first place for the $500 SUB and had no intentions of ever using the card for anything other than the SUB and a PC to the OG Freedom. 

Message 12 of 15
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Back a few years ago I applied for the Freedom and FU on the same day and got the exact same limit and APR on both cards.  They also had the same BINs (first six digits), which suggests they might have similar rules on the back end.

This is the case in general with Chase cards. The first six digits identify the bank. Some Banks will own a group of 6 digits numbers that all identify as that Bank. But I do have the same 6 digits on Chase cards that were app'd years apart from one another. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info guys.  She ended up getting approved for the CFU.  After she scoops up the SUB in 3 months or whatever I'll have her try a PC to the CFF.  She also got approved for Discover at the same time, which in its first year is a bit stronger than the CFU IMO, so I could see Discover getting more of her spend.

Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on her CFU and Discover approvals + glad to hear it worked out for her. Locking this thread as you've provided an update on her results.  

If you wish to post any additional DPs on her behalf, feel free to do so in the Approvals section.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.