Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE BLUEPRINT BEING DISCONTINUED

tag
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

CHASE BLUEPRINT BEING DISCONTINUED

Message recieved via Chase secured messages today reads " Effective November 11, 2018, the Blueprint suite of features currently available on your Chase credit card — including Full Pay, Finish It, Split and Track It — will no longer be available.",then they proceed to instruct on what to do before that time if you have plans in effect, and what happen afterwards. While I currrently don't have any, I have used these features and considered them a valuable tool and perk of my Chase accounts. I hate to see it go since I haven't heard of or seen a replacement for it yet. Seems like we choose these cards with great/good benefits and over time watch them get slowly broken down. Is this the norm? Is it possible to keep a card years and years while the said card maintains good benefits or do they all run their course?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: CHASE BLUEPRINT BEING DISCONTINUED

@9CLINE wrote:

Message recieved via Chase secured messages today reads " Effective November 11, 2018, the Blueprint suite of features currently available on your Chase credit card — including Full Pay, Finish It, Split and Track It — will no longer be available.",then they proceed to instruct on what to do before that time if you have plans in effect, and what happen afterwards. While I currrently don't have any, I have used these features and considered them a valuable tool and perk of my Chase accounts. I hate to see it go since I haven't heard of or seen a replacement for it yet. Seems like we choose these cards with great/good benefits and over time watch them get slowly broken down. Is this the norm? Is it possible to keep a card years and years while the said card maintains good benefits or do they all run their course?

It depends!   Cards with REALLY great benefits tend to be nerfed or disappear (e.g. original versions of the BCP, Cash + and 5x Citi Thank You Preferred, all of which had uncapped 5/6x categories).   Others get nerfed more slowly, and individual changes may not be a big deal to you (and I think that many feel this way about Blueprint, never used it so won't miss it), such as happened on Freedom and CSP.

More rarely, things can go in the other direction, either in a big way (Chase Amazon moving to 5%, and then adding Whole Foods, TYP points become transferable), or smaller (adding no-FTF to a card).

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chase account just sent me a note saying the same thing. Used the benefit on my business card. Removed it some time back as I no longer required it. Only card I ever had that offered such a suite of benefits. My observation is that the benefits game changes as often as the rewards game?!

Message 3 of 5
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I'm not sure I even know what Blueprint is lol. I read the title and thought it was a Chase CC I'd never heard of.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Never hears of Blueprint and I’m huge in the Chase ecosystem. Oh well
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.