Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE CLI (or lack of...) rant!

tag
krielly
Established Contributor

CHASE CLI (or lack of...) rant!

I've tried once again for a Soft CLI on my Chase Freedom card which I have had since 2008. It's currently at 1K limit, with a not terrible apr of 13.9%

the response was expected "not eligible at this time"

GRRRRRR!!

I have FICO Scores of 831 on both Transunion and Equifax

I have the following cards/limits

Barclay rewards (7.8K)

Cap One QS (6.75K)

Maurices (1K) - i know.......kind of a junk card

Citi rewards (10K)

Discover (22K)

Sears MC (5K)

Sears Store card (5K)

JC Penney MC (5K)

SNCB/VNBASS (3K) - from 0% 12 mos furniture purchase over 2 years ago

All cards currently at 0% untilization, with the exception of letting 1 report a small balance each month. This month was Chase reporting $146.

What gives? the last time I requested a soft pull CLI, i had not used the card in almost a year. So I have been putting some moderate spend on this card each month (considering the CL) for the past 4 months (150-200) and letting it report, then paying in full.

This had previously been a plain old Chase card up until a couple months ago when I PC'd it to a Freedom, thinking this combined with utilizing the card would help.

I currently have no Inquiries in the last 12 months, and only 2 on Transunion and 1 on Equifax in the past 2 years.

I refuse to give in and allow a hard pull for a CLI, but seriously, these guys are really ticking me off!!!

Come June 2016, I will not have any "new" accounts under 2 years. I MAY app for another Chase card at that point and allow the hard pull for a CLI.....but DAMN!!!!!!!

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE CLI (or lack of...) rant!

What gives is sometimes Chase could care less about how long you've had a card or how your FICO score has grown. Some with a low limit are forever stuck and thats all there is to it. Its easier to apply for a new card, get a higher limit and consolidate than twiddling your thumbs hoping for an increase. Like Im 90% certain if I ever asked for an increase it would be a waste of probably TWO inqs and a denial but they will approve me for additional cards without issue. Thats Chase, doesnt make sense but it doesnt have to. Smiley Wink Its just the way it is with them for some of us.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.