Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE CLOSED ACCOUNT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE CLOSED ACCOUNT

Went online today and there it was....THIS ACCOUNT IS CLOSED..I am like, what the bleeep.......called and eventually was talking to Compliance, seems that they sent me TWO letters with a SSA 89 form enclosed back in Dec and Feb....never received them so they closed the account. I downloaded the form, filled it out, faxed it back to Chase...they will have the account reactivated tomorrow...I don't understand all the internal workings as to why they need this now, but they do...Need to verify my identity

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE CLOSED ACCOUNT

What type of account is it? Glad to hear they are willing to reinstate it. I really wish that creditors would use a second means of contact when the first doesn't work. 2 snail mails don't work, how about an email or a phone call before pulling the plug. It's not like they don't have all of that info on file.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What type of account is it? Glad to hear they are willing to reinstate it. I really wish that creditors would use a second means of contact when the first doesn't work. 2 snail mails don't work, how about an email or a phone call before pulling the plug. It's not like they don't have all of that info on file.

It is Chase Freedom CC....I asked the analyst the same thing....if the document is needed, no problem, but if they don't hear from a guy, at least reach out by phone or email to do a welfare check. She said they always send out documents that are needed 60 days b4 closing accts....there is obviously a flaw in their system

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think a lot of systems are flawed this way.  It's not just limited to huge banks like Chase either.  I had the same experience with a local credit union with which I was a member for 15+ years.  They closed one of my accounts one day, unannounced without speaking to me.  For a credit union that I had such great lengthy history with, it really rubbed me the wrong way.  It seems like this type of customer treatment can exist from small local operations to the biggest banks out there and certainly everywhere in between. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sucks! At least they are allowing it to still be reopened. Hopefully! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Message 5 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with you. It seems that more and more  customer friendly/relations/service is a long lost "ART!" 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They reinstated the FREEDOM card....I had a great conversation with acct. rep.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.