cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE Freedom + Checking Combo Question...

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: CHASE Freedom + Checking Combo Question...

It is like Chase does not tell any of the representatives anything at all. You do not have to do it within three months. It will do it on it's own after about three statements.

About not being able to open an account, there is noway around that if you do not have an address in a state where there is a branch. I opened one about two years ago here in Maryland but when I tried to open another there was no way each time I put in the zip code. I had to add a Michigan address to be able to open it. I am not sure what happened with them, but they will not open accounts out of state anymore.

@gettnthere wrote:

i too went through this same ordeal. i called and they told me i would have to visit a branch but there arent any in my stateSmiley Sad lol so i guess im gonna have to take the 77.38 mile journey to the next state where the closest CHase branch is located. im gonna do it bc the deal is too good to pass up on. i just gotta get there before 9/1

Please do not do that. In my opinion, it is an alright deal, but not worth a 45-60 minute drive. Unless you mean to open the chequing account aswell. That could be worth it for $200. If you just mean to link the card and account, it will do so on its own.

Message 11 of 14
mistabgeez
New Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

i too went through this same ordeal. i called and they told me i would have to visit a branch but there arent any in my stateSmiley Sad lol so i guess im gonna have to take the 77.38 mile journey to the next state where the closest CHase branch is located. im gonna do it bc the deal is too good to pass up on. i just gotta get there before 9/1

Please do not do that. In my opinion, it is an alright deal, but not worth a 45-60 minute drive. Unless you mean to open the chequing account aswell. That could be worth it for $200. If you just mean to link the card and account, it will do so on its own.

Could you tell me more about this additional $200? Since realizing I have to head to another state to open an account, my intention is to leave work early one day and take that trip to a branch. I wanted to open a checking account for the minimum amount so that there is no monthly fee. Are there bonuses for opening an account in addition to taking advantage of the 10/10 combo?

AMEX BCE $15,500 Citi Double Cash $8,700 USAA $6,000
Chase Freedom $2,500 Discover It $10,600
M & T Visa $2,500 CU Visa $10,000, BOAmericard $7,500
Message 12 of 14
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@mistabgeez wrote:

Could you tell me more about this additional $200? Since realizing I have to head to another state to open an account, my intention is to leave work early one day and take that trip to a branch. I wanted to open a checking account for the minimum amount so that there is no monthly fee. Are there bonuses for opening an account in addition to taking advantage of the 10/10 combo?

Chase routinely hands out $100 and $150 promotional code online for opening a checking account. $200 promotional code however is only available by mail (which you have to live near a branch to receive it). You usually need to deposit $100 to $500 initially to receive the bonus. Promotional bonus IS taxable income.

To waive monthly fee, either make direct deposit totaling $500 per month or maintain minimum daily balance of $1,500.

Message 13 of 14
bribro
Valued Contributor

@mistabgeez wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

There are coupons out there for $200-$300 Chase checking account sign-up bonuses. I was lucky to have one sent to me in the mail (targeted), but if you can't get your hands on one you can buy one off eBay/Craigslist. There are also $125-$150 signup bonuses for savings accounts.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.