Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE REINSTATED CREDIT LINE!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE REINSTATED CREDIT LINE!!

A few weeks ago chase decreased my cl from 2500 to 700.  I called and they said the usual the economy blah blah blah but that couldnt increase it back.  I sent a message online and got it increased to 900.  I received a call a few minutes ago about the call i made.  They wanted to know how much i would like to have my credit line. I told them back to original credit line or whatever they could give me.  They reinstated my cl without a hard pull.  So weird.  Glad it is back though.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE REINSTATED CREDIT LINE!!

WOW....congrats to you!!!

Thats great news!!! Smiley Surprised

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

I would've asked for more than the original.  If they laugh at me then at least they might be willing to go half way.  They are trying to sell me a goods/service so what is wrong with trying to get the best price?  I guess this could also be called bartering- I do it all the time and it works for me! Just my opinion.  Congrats though but it seems to me that they should've never done CLD in the first place.

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 3 of 7
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I just signed in to my account and noticed that they just reinstated my original CL too. I guess that second complaint to the BBB actually worked...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FantumGrey wrote:

Congrats! I just signed in to my account and noticed that they just reinstated my original CL too. I guess that second complaint to the BBB actually worked...

FantumGrey, where did you go to file a complaint to the BBB? I just checked my Chase online account, and they lowered my limit from $1000 to $300. I know the limit wasn't too large to begin with, but I'm still upset considering I just PIF the balance yesterday.

Message 5 of 7
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

FantumGrey, where did you go to file a complaint to the BBB? I just checked my Chase online account, and they lowered my limit from $1000 to $300. I know the limit wasn't too large to begin with, but I'm still upset considering I just PIF the balance yesterday.

I did it online at BBB Online Complaints: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

My (second) complaint was that they not only lowered my credit line despite me being a good paying customer, but that they also wanted me to take a hard inquiry to reinstate the line which was doubly detrimental to my credit score.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FantumGrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I did it online at BBB Online Complaints: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

My (second) complaint was that they not only lowered my credit line despite me being a good paying customer, but that they also wanted me to take a hard inquiry to reinstate the line which was doubly detrimental to my credit score.

FantumGrey, Thanks for the quick reply. I will file the complaint before heading to bed tonight. I also sent them an email through my online account, I guess we'll see what happens. If they don't reinstate my limit I'm just going to close it because I'm tired of dealing and hearing about Chase.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.