Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE SLATE ONLINE INSTANT APPROVAL QUESTION

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CHASE SLATE ONLINE INSTANT APPROVAL QUESTION

@mauve wrote:

I would like to re-iterate that the ONLY reason I'm suggesting putting any money into the 0% card is because of the penalty if the balance is not paid off within the promotional period. 

And the only reason I didn't suggest maxing out the Slate with BTs is because I just got a Slate myself, oh, 15 months ago, and I could only transfer up to 80% of the CL. 

OP needs to pay all of these revolving balances down / off, absolutely. And to do it from highest to lowest interest rates. If OP can do that and also pay off the Slate within the intro period, awesome. Otherwise, I still advocate dividing up the Slate payments such that it's paid off within that intro period. 0% isn't 0% when you get hit for retroactive interest at the end of an intro period because you didn't pay it off in time! 

Your confusing store card 0% and credit cards like slate 0%... They do not carry RETROACTIVE interest... OP's Home Depot on the other hand would be an example that would carry retroactive if they where in 0% and did not pay it off beffore the end... but the slate will accrue NO interest the entire 15 months... the day after the statement closing date of the 15th month is the day the then current balance will start accruing the then purchase rate of the card.

and I apologize, I do remember the 80% max on Slate (I found irritating when they told my partner) but I remember now.

Message 21 of 23
qt33

I would like to start off by thanking each of you for your wisdom. I got some good insight on this situation from all of your responses and I plan on heeding the advice and warnings. And after thinking it through... I guess I do have alot of nerve getting pissed at Cap1 for protecting there interest. Also, I never knew until reading this thread that banks can do a CLD for carrying a high balance Smiley Surprised

However, I called Chase back this afternoon on one of the backdoor numbers to discuss a CLI to support transfering my other higher rate balances. The rep I spoke with was very nice and told me in order to be considered for a CLI they would need to do a second hardpull of my TU report. I inquired if there was anyway around it, being as though I was just approved last night. He stated there was not and suggested I think about it and decide within the next week or 2 before it would make a diffrence. He then told me another pull would not do any harm to my credit profile, being as though I have not had any inquiries since 4/2012 . He then advised that when banks factor inquiries into there decisions, they review all inquiries for a 2 year period.

I just bought my condo in Sept 2011 and the only new credit I have attained since that time was HD Sept 2011 and TJ Maxx 4/2012.

The only recent deliquent/discharged acct on my report is Verizon Fios in the amount of $189. This was placed on my CR's 1/2012 due to a billing dispute. My goal on this is to see if I can find any backdoor numbers for Verizon on his forum. Im hoping to get a PFD with this account by the New Year. I also have a few old medical bills that should be falling off in the next 2 years as well. Aside from my CC's listed above the only other accounts I have is a SL payment of $190mthly, a car payment to Acura Financial for $480 mnthly, 2years left to PIF. Oh and I almost forgot my BML account, that is a $800 limit with $50 available credit.

In closing I sat in the garden for so long because I wanted to pay my debt down. But I was not strong, I paid it down and ran it right back up. So truth be told I wasted my time in the garden. Like another poster stated, I was lucky I got approved for Chase. I want to be strong this go-round, therefore I will not request a CLI from Chase. I will do the BT with my TJ Maxx and work my way down from there.

My goal as a recent homeowner is to have 3 good prime cards and my HD for any home emergenices I may run into down the road. I also want to be in good financial standing on all my TL's and have extra credit extended to me with ease if ever needed.

Again, I appreciate all the input and feel free to share any other advice you may have on the added info I provided.

Thanks

As Of 8/2013: Equifax=683, Experian=666, TransUnion=661

Message 22 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@qt33 wrote:

I would like to start off by thanking each of you for your wisdom. I got some good insight on this situation from all of your responses and I plan on heeding the advice and warnings. And after thinking it through... I guess I do have alot of nerve getting pissed at Cap1 for protecting there interest. Also, I never knew until reading this thread that banks can do a CLD for carrying a high balance Smiley Surprised

However, I called Chase back this afternoon on one of the backdoor numbers to discuss a CLI to support transfering my other higher rate balances. The rep I spoke with was very nice and told me in order to be considered for a CLI they would need to do a second hardpull of my TU report. I inquired if there was anyway around it, being as though I was just approved last night. He stated there was not and suggested I think about it and decide within the next week or 2 before it would make a diffrence. He then told me another pull would not do any harm to my credit profile, being as though I have not had any inquiries since 4/2012 . He then advised that when banks factor inquiries into there decisions, they review all inquiries for a 2 year period.

I just bought my condo in Sept 2011 and the only new credit I have attained since that time was HD Sept 2011 and TJ Maxx 4/2012.

The only recent deliquent/discharged acct on my report is Verizon Fios in the amount of $189. This was placed on my CR's 1/2012 due to a billing dispute. My goal on this is to see if I can find any backdoor numbers for Verizon on his forum. Im hoping to get a PFD with this account by the New Year. I also have a few old medical bills that should be falling off in the next 2 years as well. Aside from my CC's listed above the only other accounts I have is a SL payment of $190mthly, a car payment to Acura Financial for $480 mnthly, 2years left to PIF. Oh and I almost forgot my BML account, that is a $800 limit with $50 available credit.

In closing I sat in the garden for so long because I wanted to pay my debt down. But I was not strong, I paid it down and ran it right back up. So truth be told I wasted my time in the garden. Like another poster stated, I was lucky I got approved for Chase. I want to be strong this go-round, therefore I will not request a CLI from Chase. I will do the BT with my TJ Maxx and work my way down from there.

My goal as a recent homeowner is to have 3 good prime cards and my HD for any home emergenices I may run into down the road. I also want to be in good financial standing on all my TL's and have extra credit extended to me with ease if ever needed.

Again, I appreciate all the input and feel free to share any other advice you may have on the added info I provided.

Thanks

Bravo the forum is all about honesty and helping.

That being said you took the tough love and made a very good decision IMHO....

It takes a level headed person to weigh all the advice given on this forum and make the right choice and you didSmiley Wink

I look forward to seeing you in the garden to help you stick with your plan to pay off your debts and make your financial picture brighter and the GC will offer all the support from each and every member.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.