cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE Ultimate Rewards for (Apparently) DEBIT Cards.....

tag
MS103127
New Contributor

CHASE Ultimate Rewards for (Apparently) DEBIT Cards.....

I was just researching the CHASE mobile app, and I'm finding a few references to Ultimate Rewards for both credit AND debit cards.  I assumed that the debit card mention was an outdated typo, but the information is valid as of December 2013.  

Does anyone know if CHASE is "secretly" rolling out the debit card rewards again? Smiley LOL 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE Ultimate Rewards for (Apparently) DEBIT Cards.....

@MS103127 wrote:

I was just researching the CHASE mobile app, and I'm finding a few references to Ultimate Rewards for both credit AND debit cards.  I assumed that the debit card mention was an outdated typo, but the information is valid as of December 2013.  

Does anyone know if CHASE is "secretly" rolling out the debit card rewards again? Smiley LOL 

I just moved about 5,000 ponts from my debit card to my CSP UR about a month ago. I think it has been that way for awhile.

Message 2 of 10
MS103127
New Contributor

Thanks.  Have you been earning rewards on your debit card purchases (assuming you're using your debit card; if not, nevermind...lol)?

Message 3 of 10
Craaaig
Valued Member

Yea I earned some UR points on my debit card and have no idea what I did to get them. Do I need to choose Credit when using my debit or what?

I've since changed my spending ways though so I doubt I'd ever swipe my debit card again...
Discover IT $5k | Target RED $1.5k | Capital One QuicksilverOne $1k | EXPRESS Next A-List $990 | Barclay Rewards $850 | Capital One Platinum $500
Message 4 of 10
MS103127
New Contributor

Yeah I think that's the general way to earn them (selecting 'CREDIT' instead of 'DEBIT').  Did you earn them fairly recently?  I'm only asking since the Debit Card UR program is supposed to be dead....lol Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 10
mbla
New Contributor

I'm pretty sure it's dead.  Debit card rewards programs are no longer cost effective for banks due to the 2010 Dodd-Frank Act which capped debit card swipe fees.

Message 6 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

Sorry, my mistake.  Never mind!

Message 7 of 10
MS103127
New Contributor

That's what I thought too, until I saw the info for the mobile app, dated 2013.  Hmm.... Smiley Indifferent I guess I might fire off an e-mail to CHASE about it.... I'll let you all know what I receive back.

Message 8 of 10
MS103127
New Contributor

Interesting.... thanks for the info! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
compassion101
Established Contributor

I remember when chase emailed me telling me I had 1% cash back on my debit card. It was before I got into the credit cards rewards programs. IIRC it was sometime in 2011 and it lasted about 6-12 months before they sent another email saying it was discontinued. When I got my chase freedom I saw that my UR points were still there from the debit card.

I imagine it is outdated info but I suggest call them to ask and let us know

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.