Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CD WITH SECURED CREDIT

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: CITI CD WITH SECURED CREDIT

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if you can add on.  check out the site.  But the interest is great opposed to getting nothing from most secured cards.

i did check it out.  i couldn't find anything pertaining to that.  was wondering if someone had asked or found out.

Message 11 of 24
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I have the Citi Secured Card and I tried adding money to the CD about a year ago and they didn't allow it.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I have the Citi Secured Card and I tried adding money to the CD about a year ago and they didn't allow it.

Does Citi secured graduate to unsecured after a year or so?
Message 13 of 24
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

Their website states that it may become unsecured at 18 months. Of course, that all depends on how much they like you.
Smiley Wink 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 14 of 24
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

My Citi Secured Card is set to unsecure next week. I received a letter from Citi two weeks ago stating that they are going to refund my deposit of $200 and grant an initial CL of $400.
Message 15 of 24
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

No, after 18 months.

Message 16 of 24
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Young -

Congrats on your CL of 400.00

If I may ask..over the 18 months did you pif each month?

How much was the most you charged in a month?

Thanks 

Message 17 of 24
laz98
Senior Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

well boooooooo.  i thought maybe i could just start with 500 & add to it every month, so it's not such a big chunk all at once.  but i guess i will just wait.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know how this card reports? Does it report as secured on the CR?

Also, is this hard to obtain? I plan to do this with Citi... I have a 644... thoughts?

***Edit - Does the CITI CD SECURED card report to CRA's?***

Message Edited by jdw00ds on 02-26-2010 12:12 PM
Message 19 of 24
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

well boooooooo.  i thought maybe i could just start with 500 & add to it every month, so it's not such a big chunk all at once.  but i guess i will just wait.

That's what my plan was but it backfired.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.