Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CLI on approval

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

CITI CLI on approval

How it CITI with CLI when one gets approved?

Wifey got a card but got a $4400 CL

Want to see if we can get this bumped to $7000. What number would you guys use?

Would they HP again?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

Re: CITI CLI on approval

Online.
>
Message 2 of 9
tac111

My DS just got approved last week for the Citi Thank You World MC - initial CL $2,600.  He received the card today - activated it online - and then called the number on the back to request CLI - and after speaking with an analyst - they increased his initial CL to $8,000.  (He asked for $10,000 and they countered).  I would say it's definitely worth calling when you receive the card.

Good Luck!!!

Message 3 of 9
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Citi is pretty good with CLIs but they almost always will HP you. My Citi card initally was approved at 3.5k. After having the card a few months, I requested a CLI to 8k and was approved with a HP. I requested it online but still had to call in.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Thank you all. I'll wait until we get the card to call. Seems like it will be a HP

Message 5 of 9
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats to DW for approval.  Call the backdoor and ask for the CLI w/o HP &expedite the card....active thread in regards:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/CITI-ThankYou-PREMIER-INSTANT-APPROVAL-709...

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

I called customer service and she insisted that they cannot expedite teh card and that I need to wait until I get the card to ask for a CLI.

Guess I should try the EO number

Message 7 of 9
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Also with Citi, they only let you request CLIs 6 months from the last request. So right now, I'm not eligible for a CLI because I just recently had one and it hasn't been 6 months yet.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

OP: PM me and I'll give you the real executive office contact for Citi's credit division.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.