Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CUSTOM CASH LIMIT INCREASE ?

tag
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

CITI CUSTOM CASH LIMIT INCREASE ?

Hey Fico Fam ! 

Hope everyone is doing well ... so ive had the CCC for about 6 months roughly and about 3 months ago i saw where a member had gotten a limit increase so i started looking into it . Well i get this message unable to process and to check back later. I been checking for 3 months now with no luck im starting to think maybe me and the wife are just max out with citi. We both have a limit of 4800. What you guys think ? Have any of you all ran into this ? Thanks in advance everyone !Screenshot (1).png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI CUSTOM CASH LIMIT INCREASE ?

Did you check to see if you got a HP or SP inquiry by Citi ?

Message 2 of 13
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@Fico82 

The same has happened to me, and the reason for denial has been for having too many inquiries (x3 denied).

Stats: In the year, I have added 3 new accounts (2cards and a PL), only have one new inquiry on EQ in the year. My last account is about to be 6mo old, so I'll see what will happen, I hope I'll be approved.

However, I am prequalified to apply for the CC card, go figure.

Message 3 of 13
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

I get this message before even asking for a increase . in other words i dont get the option to even ask for one or enter any kind of amount etc.

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Fico82 wrote:

Hey Fico Fam ! 

Hope everyone is doing well ... so ive had the CCC for about 6 months roughly and about 3 months ago i saw where a member had gotten a limit increase so i started looking into it . Well i get this message unable to process and to check back later. I been checking for 3 months now with no luck im starting to think maybe me and the wife are just max out with citi. We both have a limit of 4800. What you guys think ? Have any of you all ran into this ? Thanks in advance everyone !Screenshot (1).png

What other cards do you have with Citi/DSNB? Only then can you surmise  if you are at possible max limit with regards to overall exposure  with Citi

Message 5 of 13
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Fico82 wrote:

Hey Fico Fam ! 

What other cards do you have with Citi/DSNB? Only then can you surmise  if you are at possible max limit with regards to overall exposure  with Citi

i am a authorized user on 2 other citi accounts . one under my father for 10k sears and wife for 6k bestbuy . I only have the custom cash under me for 4800.  

Message 6 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

OP, I read that other's have had the same/similar problem too but are your cr's on ice/locked?  Are you going through an app? Or have you tried a different browser?  Have you called in or would you call in and ask if you qualify for a cli and if not, why?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Fico82 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Fico82 wrote:

Hey Fico Fam ! 

i am a authorized user on 2 other citi accounts . one under my father for 10k sears and wife for 6k bestbuy . I only have the custom cash under me for 4800.  

Exposure should not be an issue, more like timing imo. 

Message 8 of 13
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:
OP, I read that other's have had the same/similar problem too but are your cr's on ice/locked? Are you going through an app? Or have you tried a different browser? Have you called in or would you call in and ask if you qualify for a cli and if not, why?
Yes my reports are locked . But to my understanding is if the creditor does a softpull example like discover , amex and cap1 has done in the past there been no issues getting a increase and not risking a hardpull like what bestbuy tried on the wife one time and was blocked so we never tried that card ever again. 
I have tried different browser's but in my case the option for request a limit increase dont come up so i had to use the search option to look up request limit increase then i clicked on link and this page automatically comes up.
Havnt called yet. Just trying to figure out if this a online problem or app issue etc .

Message 9 of 13
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

oesCredit wrote:
@Fico82 wrote:
@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@Fico82 wrote:
Hey Fico Fam ! 
Hope everyone is doing well ... so ive had the CCC for about 6 months roughly and about 3 months ago i saw where a member had gotten a limit increase so i started looking into it . Well i get this message unable to process and to check back later. I been checking for 3 months now with no luck im starting to think maybe me and the wife are just max out with citi. We both have a limit of 4800. What you guys think ? Have any of you all ran into this ? Thanks in advance everyone !
What other cards do you have with Citi/DSNB? Only then can you surmise if you are at possible max limit with regards to overall exposure with Citi
Exposure should not be an issue, more like timing imo. 
Yea maybe timing being that the option does not show for me whether online or on app. You think its because my account has not hit 6 months ? Wonder how another member got a increase at 3 months i think is what i read . Here a screenshot i jist took on app 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.