Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI IS AWESOME!

tag
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

CITI IS AWESOME!

Smiley Happy I just got off the phone with a rep at the CitiCards Retention dept (the number listed on the backdoor list) and just asked to transfer a balance after checking online and seeing the "no offers avaliable" message, well...I got an offer for 1.99% for 12 months, then the regular purchase APR of 7.24V. Anyone with a citicard thats in good standing should call to see what they will give you, its definitely worth it. Now I can pay off my 6500 bank of america balance and sock drawer that 14.99% lousy credit card!

And, I just got approved for an auto loan refi to save interest on my car loan today. What a great day 09/09/09 turned out to be! Just wanted to share my excitement.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Established Contributor

Re: CITI IS AWESOME!

Congratulations on both counts!

It is very rewarding to do some personal financial work and see it pay off in spades.

BTW... What is your interest % savings on the re-fi?

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-09-2009 09:32 PM
Message 2 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@mgs2010 wrote:

Smiley Happy I just got off the phone with a rep at the CitiCards Retention dept (the number listed on the backdoor list) and just asked to transfer a balance after checking online and seeing the "no offers avaliable" message, well...I got an offer for 1.99% for 12 months, then the regular purchase APR of 7.24V. Anyone with a citicard thats in good standing should call to see what they will give you, its definitely worth it. Now I can pay off my 6500 bank of america balance and sock drawer that 14.99% lousy credit card!

And, I just got approved for an auto loan refi to save interest on my car loan today. What a great day 09/09/09 turned out to be! Just wanted to share my excitement.

Now you should go back to BofA and work them for a APRD.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 09-10-2009 03:10 AM
Message 3 of 4
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

my auto loan is currently at 12.62% and will be at 7.49% with Up2Drive, woo hoo!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.