Did you mean: 

CITI PLATINUM MASTERCARD SELECT CREDIT CARD

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: CITI PLATINUM MASTERCARD SELECT CREDIT CARD

Congrats on the card, Elaine!

Did they pull EQ ?

I applied last year and was denied.  They pulled EX at that time, but it seems a lot of these posts are mentioning Equifax as Citi's choice now.

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 11 of 20
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Thank You!! Citi pulled equifax because I got a alert on my scorewatch. Even though its only 1,000 I guess I should be happy because now I can get rid of credit one credit card. It was a good rebuilding card but its time too move on.  I got a home depot card thats back by citi and they pulled equifax too.

Message 12 of 20
rom828
Established Contributor

@elaine829 wrote:

Hi, Thank You!! Citi pulled equifax because I got a alert on my scorewatch. Even though its only 1,000 I guess I should be happy because now I can get rid of credit one credit card. It was a good rebuilding card but its time too move on.  I got a home depot card thats back by citi and they pulled equifax too.

Good to know! 

And a $1000 on a major card is nothing to scoff at when you've come back from the depths of  bad credit and sub-prime land!  Smiley Happy

I've been down that rebuilding road myself and now have some  major cards, but I do have balances on some due to home repairs.  A BT with 0% would help me get out of debt faster!  My pre-app offer is for 15 mos 0% which sounds really good if I can get it.

While EQ is lower score than TU or I assume even EX,  since EX  used to run neck and neck with TU.  Reports are virtually identical, but EQ really, really hates my utilization.  And     EX is the only one that still has an old baddie (CO) on it.  I've disputed to no avail as yet......should have come off  March 2010 like it did on the others,  but they show it deleting 8-11!! 

And when Citi denied me last year, (after pulling EX)  they cited this CO as the reason.   Even when I called for recon  explaining that it was correctly deleted from  the other 2 reports, they said I needed to wait til it dropped off EX  to reapply, so if Citi were pulling EX, probably wouldnt get it.

EQ really hates my inqs, too, according to myfico report comments.  I only have 3, all of which are from my CU, and one quits counting (1 yr)  onJuly 30th.  The other 2 turn 1 yr old  Sept and January.  My last new account turns 1 yr old in Sept (same CU inq account).

My pre-app offer is good thru 8-15,  so I might wait  to apply to   see if  that inq aging gives me a few points.  With  my EQ so low, every point counts! 

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 13 of 20
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

I know I have a victoria secret  charge off on my credit report that was due to come off late next year, But it has a 0 balance because it was sold off.Thats my only baddie on that report.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elaine829 wrote:

I can get rid of credit one credit card. It was a good rebuilding card but its time too move on

Hi elaine,

Congrats on your new card - nice work!

I don't blame you for wanting to close the credit one card with its monthly fees. 

However, your utilization is high and the CL on this card is still helping you.  It may be best not to move on quite so quickly.

What's your overall utilization with the credit one card open?  And what is it with the credit one card closed?

Also, I would personally stay away from putting 80 or 90% on any card, I would prefer to split it among two cards - depending on how many cards you have and if the other cards have zero balances.  So, if you have seven cards and have 0 balance on 5, with the remaining balance on these two cards, that would be my first choice.  High overall utilization and high utilization on a single card are both flags to your creditors, and they may respond with adverse actions (i.e. closing accounts or decreasing your credit limits).

If your utilization was low, it would be a no-brainer to close the card.  At this point, you might consider paying the monthly fee because of the advantages the card brings you in your reported utilization.

Message 15 of 20
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Hi, beamMEup I was on the same page as you, I was wondering if now was the right time to close credit one since I do have balances on all my credit cards except for the blue amex I just received in mail today with a 3000 limit and the citi which I haven't received yet . On my score watch it says Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limit is 27%. But on another section it says debt to credit ratio is 43%. Which one should I be looking at? I was surprise I got approve because I do have high utilizations. I have a Macy's, jcpenney, home depot, banana republic, credit one, says jeweler. How do you calculate utilization again? Wont be applying for anything else for awhile just wanted some prime major cards instead of store cards. I will list the credit limits and balances when I look them up I know says is 7500 balance /174 home depot 1300/ 657. Credit one 1025/900, I think Macy's is 2500/1900 and jcpenney 2000/1200 and banana republic 900/315.  

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, it looks like your other post indicates you just opened an AmEx with a $3,000 CL.  Am I reading that right?

You may be in good shape.

How about this, if you list your accounts with their CL's and balances, you'll get some good input on where your utilization stands.

Message 17 of 20
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

My accounts are Amex blue 3000 credit limit /balance 0. Citi cl1000/ bal 0,  Kays Jeweler 7500 /bal178. Home depot 1300/ bal 657. Jcpenney 2000/ bal  1273. Macy's cl 2500/ bal 1873. Banana Republic 900/ bal 254. Credit One 1025/ bal 900. How Would I Calculate My Utilization? Thank you..

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get your utilization to be 27%.

Just add up all your available credit and divide by

how much you owe.

You should try to keep this at around 9%.

Anybody else???????

Message 19 of 20
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone heard about citi cash and how does it work?.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.