Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI TY Premier now 60k Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI TY Premier now 60k Points

@Emyshor wrote:

I've got the same SM, so I've called the number on the back...and the same answer.

I've called the second time and I've said 'Close Account' and got transferred to retention dept, and all of the sudden I don't need to closed it because they will match the offer. Plus they give another 5000 points for spending $1000, so a total of 65000 points. Try again and say you want to close the card.

Hmm interesting. What did you say once the retention department picked up? Did you mention you were thinking about closing, or just go into that you recently app'd and now you see this new offer?

I should try that, calling in general, and also Twitter (which seems to be yielding good results...).

Message 91 of 257
Emyshor
Valued Member

When you call, it will ask you "how can I help you" and I've said "close my account". After that somebody from Utah answered and he asked me why do I want to close it.

I didn't used it, so I've told him about the 60K offer and if he can't match it, I'll close it. Was easy after treating that I'll close it.

Message 92 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh, thanks. Interesting. I may try the regular # or Twitter...I defintely don't want them to call my bluff, TY Premier is actually my main everyday card Smiley Happy That would stink if they ended up closing it.

Message 93 of 257
JLK93
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Huh, thanks. Interesting. I may try the regular # or Twitter...I defintely don't want them to call my bluff, TY Premier is actually my main everyday card Smiley Happy That would stink if they ended up closing it.

If they call your bluff, your not obligated to close the card. You can change your mind.
Message 94 of 257
red259
Super Contributor

@oilcan12 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If they call your bluff, your not obligated to close the card. You can change your mind.

True, but its going to look weird if you make a demand saying you are going to close your card or else and then when they say no you turn around and say oh ok I was just kidding about closing the card. Just saying it doesn't look like a great tactic to use.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 95 of 257
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They've heard the "give me x offer or ill close the card" shtick many times and they know you have little intention of actually closing it. Point is it may work but it also very well may not.
Message 96 of 257
red259
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
They've heard the "give me x offer or ill close the card" shtick many times and they know you have little intention of actually closing it. Point is it may work but it also very well may not.

Yes a softer approach would likely work better. People who try to act tough end up getting punched in the nose sometimes. If you call in and say you know I got this card and I thought I was going to be able to use the benefits but my plans changed and now I don't have all the travel I thought I was and I'm considering closing it. You know I saw that 60k offer going around and if I had that offer I probably would be able to justify keeping the card. Something where your a little bit on the fence and not as comitted to closing the card may work better. Even if the result is the same of them saying no at least you don't end up looking like a tool when you say im going to keep the card even after I told you I wasn't.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 97 of 257
Emyshor
Valued Member

I wasn't bluffing and I have to many cards anyway. All my 3 Fico scores are over 800 and I've could easily re-apply and close that account, but I've got a better deal with 65k points. 

Thanks to the guy who posted the offer.

Today my wife applied for the same 60k points, the link is still working.

Message 98 of 257
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Guys let me know if any of you got the matched points posted to your account. The lady I talked on Aug 28 said it should take around 5 days to post so I am keeping an eye on my account constantly to see if the bonus 10k points posts out.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 99 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goodness. Red, JSU, Jfriend...someone help me....I want to apply, but then I'll be at $8k minimum spend for bonuses in the next 90 days. lol. Can I pay your bills (and you pay me back before due date? Smiley Happy )

Also not entirely sure I'll get approved.

Message 100 of 257
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.