Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Upgrade?

tag
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

CITI Upgrade?

I received a letter from Citi today... 

Dear Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxxxxxx,

At Citi, we're pleased to offer our customers improved benefits and better ways to use their cards. That's why we're upgrading your

Citi Platinum Select Card to Citi Diamond Preferred Card.

Your account upgrade will be seamless: you'll have the same account number, Annual Percentage Rate and due date. The difference

you'll see is a noticeably enhanced credit card experience which includes 24/7 concierge service. Blah, blah, blah.

Personally, I don't consider this a upgrade, as the benefits are useless to me. But it sounds like I don't have a choice.

What do you think? 

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: CITI Upgrade?

@OnTheRebound wrote:

I received a letter from Citi today... 

Dear Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxxxxxx,

At Citi, we're pleased to offer our customers improved benefits and better ways to use their cards. That's why we're upgrading your

Citi Platinum Select Card to Citi Diamond Preferred Card.

Your account upgrade will be seamless: you'll have the same account number, Annual Percentage Rate and due date. The difference

you'll see is a noticeably enhanced credit card experience which includes 24/7 concierge service. Blah, blah, blah.

Personally, I don't consider this a upgrade, as the benefits are useless to me. But it sounds like I don't have a choice.

What do you think? 

Does your current Citi account have an AF??

What about the Diamond Preferred?

If your not interested in it you can always acall in and speak to a CSR about it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 29
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

No AF's on both

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 3 of 29
remarc
Regular Contributor

I got the same letter , it was to let me know they are upgrading my account to a city preferred card.. not sure what its all about.. anyone?

Message 4 of 29
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Upgrading to TY Preferred or just Preferred? Citi does these things often. They move accounts to a new product as an "upgrade," but it's mostly to justify charging merchants a higher fee while they still can via World and Signature cards.

Message 5 of 29
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I use to have the Diamond Preferred CC, but the rewards were blah so I PC'd to Thank you Preferred. But gotta say the Black looking card is nice!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 6 of 29
tknkrov
Contributor

They must be changing them all over my husband hasnt recieved a letter yet but his account already shows the Diamond Prefered in place of his platinum select.

Message 7 of 29
antae
New Contributor

I also have the Citi Platinum Select since '93. I've been holding on to it since it is one of my oldest accounts. Not even sure if it has rewards, since I'm using amex BCP/PRG as primary cards. I haven't received any information concerning upgrading like others have.

Amex BCP 25k '11 - Amex PRG '11 - Chase Sapphire 17.5k '95 - Citi Platinum Select 11.5k '93
Message 8 of 29
brokenpipe
Established Member

I manually PG (there is a thread on it somewhere) my Citi Plat Select to Thank You Premier about two weeks ago. 

No regrets so far. 

763 Experian / 770 Equifax / 790 TU

AMEX Blue (AU) - 25K | Chase Sapphire Preferred - 23K | AMEX TrueEarnings - 22.5K | BoA Alaska Air Sig Visa - 20K | Chase Slate - 9K | Barclaycard Ring - 6.3K | Citi Thank You Premier - 5K | Discover IT - 5K | Amazon Visa Rewards - 4K
Message 9 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi Diamond Preferres is the only card I like at Citi! Lol...
I think it is def'ly a harder one to get though. It's good for carrying a balance from what Ive seen here... The aprs are usually lower.
Maybe you should call them and tell them you want a cli or apr reduction since they are beinf so damn random!
Silly Chiti. Bahah
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.