Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Upgrade?

tag
Simply827
Established Contributor

Re: CITI Upgrade?

I got a mailer for Diamond Preferred. The card looked like such a yawn. I was an AU on a Platinum Select...another yawn. Why do people like Citi again?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 11 of 29
severine
Contributor

Just received this same mailing, not sure if it will tempt me to pull my Citi card out of the sock drawer!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 12 of 29
bonne_sante
New Visitor

On Friday, I noticed my Mint summary kept showing my Platinum Select as a Diamond Preferred card. I logged into my Citibank account where I've linked my citi credit cards and sure enough, there was a message saying they have sent a new card out to me. Did anyone successfully do a product change to a different product? I called and they simply said all PS cards were being converted to Diamond Preferred.

Message 13 of 29
nurse81

I also got in the mail telling me about an account upgrade to Citi Diamond.  I used this card last year for no interest balance transfer while I pay off some other accts.  The card just sits in the drawer. I, also was wondering why but my Citi Platinum was "upgraded" to World, I believe a year or two ago..   What is the reasoning for all  this?  Last time< I checked my FICO was 740.

Message 14 of 29
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@nurse81 wrote:

I, also was wondering why but my Citi Platinum was "upgraded" to World, I believe a year or two ago..   What is the reasoning for all  this?

Money. Merchants pay Citi more per swipe if the card is a World Mastercard.

Message 15 of 29
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

Why do people like Citi again?

Generous credit lines and low APRs.

Message 16 of 29
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@bonne_sante wrote:

Did anyone successfully do a product change to a different product?

Citi will product change just call and ask!

Message 17 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

I wish they would upgrade my card, I just have the Citi® Platinum Select® Visa® Card which is not too good

Message 18 of 29
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I wish they would upgrade my card, I just have the Citi® Platinum Select® Visa® Card which is not too good

I had Platinum select before I called to convert it to Thank You preferred. Just call the number on the back of your card and politely ask.

Message 19 of 29
john398
Senior Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I had Platinum select before I called to convert it to Thank You preferred. Just call the number on the back of your card and politely ask.

Ok I will try that soon

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.