Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI World Elite questions

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI World Elite questions

There is no spending requirement for that card, and anyone can product change into it. However not everyone qualifies for the Dividend WEMC. The Advantage Executive card is always WEMC. I'm not saying that you don't necessarily qualify for that card however qualifying for the executive card doesn't mean that you do.
Message 11 of 17
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:
There is no spending requirement for that card, and anyone can product change into it. However not everyone qualifies for the Dividend WEMC. The Advantage Executive card is always WEMC. I'm not saying that you don't necessarily qualify for that card however qualifying for the executive card doesn't mean that you do.

Do I understand this correctly?  Citi lets anyone PC into a WEMC if the card is only offered as a WE but otherwise one must qualify for WE v W status?

It occurs that since the AA Exec WEMC has a high AF, they are assuming the spend witl be large enough to qualify and if not then the AF pays the freight. So it might make sense to offer PCs to anyone willing to pony up the AF.

When I PCed, I had no idea what world elite was and just assumed it was marketing blabber. I barely knew that world mcs were similar to siggys. I did want a NPSL upgrade.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 17
Ron1
Super Contributor

I think you need to have the account long enough to qualify and it has perfect payment history.

Ron.

Message 13 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

Do I understand this correctly?  Citi lets anyone PC into a WEMC if the card is only offered as a WE but otherwise one must qualify for WE v W status?

It occurs that since the AA Exec WEMC has a high AF, they are assuming the spend witl be large enough to qualify and if not then the AF pays the freight. So it might make sense to offer PCs to anyone willing to pony up the AF.

Yeah, if you want to PC to one of those two cards it will come as WEMC regardless of other factors as those products are exclusively issued as WEMC. However Dividend, TY Premier and others are for eligible accounts only. So while you can PC into them, it will likely be issued as a World unless you qualify for WE.

Here's my welcome email, screenshot from phone so it cuts off the full email.

Message 14 of 17
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I probably don't meet the spend. The first year I had it (secured back then) my spend was about 55k. The second year it was around 35k and this last year around 20k. The first year was anomolous since I was dealing with a sick parent, long flights, and a cross country air ambulance charge. This last year has been impacted by the addition of Chase and Amex. Switched over virtually all my monthly bills to CCs. My overall spend on those has been 80k so far this year so my total CC spend will easily exceed 100k this year. I've always pif on all my cards and have a clean though short record. Oldest TL is just under 4 years.

I had dropped my credit cards (mostly used for biz) when I retired and got by on a debit card and checks and only really started looking into credit because of hassles renting cars and hotel rooms. Pretty much fixed it to about 98% of my goals.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 15 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

With that spending, you would surely qualify for any WEMC that Citi offers. Most people that have posted on various forums got the upgrade based on tenure and not spend. So you can have a card for years or spend a lot with no tenure and still qualify. It isn't clear and seems no one knows the criteria.

Message 16 of 17
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

The problem is that most of that spend was not on Citi. I had shifted much of my spending to Chase and AMEX since the unsecured Citi card (the referred to it as a silver) offered no rewards. Heck, it even still had the $29 AF even if they did waive it. My Annual run rate on Citi had declined to around 15k since Jan. At least prior to the PC to the AA card.

Given that it isn't clear I would have been eligible for a WE MC if it weren't part and parcel of the card. While I expect to ramp up usage of the Citi card now that it is a decent rewards card if it turns out I'm not flying AA as much as I anticipate I may PC it again in a year or so.  Mostly, I'm interested in the NPSL aspect of the card and that would be available with a regular world mc as well I suppose.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.