Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI offer in the mail....after denied

tag
getahead
Regular Contributor

CITI offer in the mail....after denied

Did anyone have a Citi card offer in the mail right after applying & denied?  That is strange, I app'd for the Citi Platinum & was denied for balances being to high, some of my cc didn't report my pay off.  2 wks later they send me a offer in the mail, I'm thinking of applyin again with the offer after my last cc reports, did anyone have this happen to them & got approved?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: CITI offer in the mail....after denied

I appliued 6 months ago and was denied I recived a letter about 3 weeks ago with a pre selected application form and from that I was approved but just for 1k but 0% for 12 months will be nice

Message 2 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@getahead wrote:

Did anyone have a Citi card offer in the mail right after applying & denied?  That is strange, I app'd for the Citi Platinum & was denied for balances being to high, some of my cc didn't report my pay off.  2 wks later they send me a offer in the mail, I'm thinking of applyin again with the offer after my last cc reports, did anyone have this happen to them & got approved?

Was it for the same card you were denied for?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 15
getahead
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@getahead wrote:

yup, isn't that strange? I'm thinking of applying with the offer code next month, we'll see what happens.  I should stop & garden, but I'm getting the apping disease. Smiley Surprised

Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690

Message 4 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@getahead wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@getahead wrote:

yup, isn't that strange? I'm thinking of applying with the offer code next month, we'll see what happens.  I should stop & garden, but I'm getting the apping disease. Smiley Surprised

original.gif

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 15
getahead
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@getahead wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@getahead wrote:

original.gif

HAHAHAHA!! Smiley LOL  

Message 6 of 15
FrugalRican
Blogger

Yuss! Admiral Appbar sighting!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 7 of 15
getahead
Regular Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

I've been sighted!! Oh no, off to the dungeons for me! Smiley Sad  I cannot help myself, it's sooooo addicting!!

Message 8 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@getahead wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

I've been sighted!! Oh no, off to the dungeons for me! Smiley Sad  I cannot help myself, it's sooooo addicting!!

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 15
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I applied for a Chase Freedom a while back and was denied.  Immediately started getting offers for Chase Freedom and other Chase products.  I wouldn't put too much stock in having an offer code.  Unless something has changed in your credit profile, I'd expect you'd get denied again (of course, I didn't try again with the offers, so I can't say for sure).

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.