cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI pulled my CR without informing me?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: CITI pulled my CR without informing me?

Well, Citi does have a rep of screwing things up haha I know that's right!
Well, for the record- I did, in fact, dispute an "unauthorized" inquiry off of my EQ report from CBNA.
I say check the fax nums provided here for the CRA and fax over a copy of your ID and letter.
It worked for me!
Citi can also have the Credit Reporting Bureau Department investigate it- but they will prob deny your claim. They sent me so many rediculous, poorly written letters! They violated the law imo as well when they did NOT provide me with the score/CRA info used to deny my initial app.
Good luck op!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 41
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

When Citi unsecures apparently they do two pulls if the first one is marginal but they always do one pull.

Another thing is that Citi, unlike WF, keeps the account as a "Classic Mastercard" with the same AF, APR, and other terms. They also do not change the card number.

There is an upside. I was able to PC to an AA World Elite MC and that didn't involve a hard pull.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 22 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

And this is exactly why freezing reports is so awesome other than protecting from ID theft!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 41
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol @LS!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 24 of 41
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

And this is exactly why freezing reports is so awesome other than protecting from ID theft!! Smiley Happy

I don't think freezing reports works if they are already a creditor.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 25 of 41
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I don't think freezing reports works if they are already a creditor.

Yes it does, no one can HP against your file AFAIK. All of my creditors have tried to for CLI purposes and could not without lifting freeze.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 41
enharu
Super Contributor

I think they still can. Collection agencies can still do HPs and add stuff onto your CR as well if I'm not wrong.
It stops creditors from pulling reports for credit seeking purposes, but it doesn't stop them from doing hard inquiries to make adjustments or account reviews for existing accounts. Not exactly 100% sure though.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 41
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

True^ But my mom had frozed her EQ CR via EQ.com but when we to enroll myself at a college they pulled her CR and the nxt day saw an ALERT about an inquiry on EQ. Logged in and saw that it is locked so dont undersatnd how they obtained her report.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 28 of 41
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

enharu suggests it'd be wise to live with the INQs, and according to young, it's still possible get one of the useless INQs removed. I'm still undecided as to what I should do, although, I do admit disputing the INQ sounds like a lengthy and exhausting process, time and money-wise...

Question for cashnocredit: Did they give you the same CL of the secured card when CITI graduated it? I'm planning on doing the PC soon as I get this "Classic" card.

Message 29 of 41
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous- wrote:

enharu suggests it'd be wise to live with the INQs, and according to young, it's still possible get one of the useless INQs removed. I'm still undecided as to what I should do, although, I do admit disputing the INQ sounds like a lengthy and exhausting process, time and money-wise...

Question for cashnocredit: Did they give you the same CL of the secured card when CITI graduated it? I'm planning on doing the PC soon as I get this "Classic" card.

Yes, they did give me the same CL which was 25k even though the max on secured cards had been lowered to 5k about 6 months earlier. I was expecting them to drop the CL to 5k especially since I had serious baddies but they didn't.  My fondest hope was that they would just extend the secured card another 1.5 years with the same 4.07% APR on the deposit but they didn't. Just wishful thinking on my part.

I didn't PC to the AA card until a year after it had unsecured. The CSR pretty much said I could PC it to any of their cards but I don't know if that would have been the case earlier since my credit had no negatives when I PCed. At least there was no hard pull when I PCed.

As for the CL, they have had the "luv" button ever since it unsecured but I never tried it. OTOH, they haven't auto-CLIed me either. Since It's a NPSL card and i use Amex for the larger charges, I'm not eager to go there. I pretty much have what I need now with enough redundancy to take care of things like Amex FRs or whatnot should they occur.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.