Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI's Luv Button

tag
DI
Super Contributor

CITI's Luv Button

I opened my account 7/9/09.  My statement cuts on the 10th of each month.   Can I expect to see the luv button Nov. 11th? 
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Re: CITI's Luv Button

When i opened my Citi card in march ,I recieved my first cli(luv button apperance) in August and my latest one this month.I noticed that the luv button did show at the beginning each of those months not when my statement cut so it may vary, so be on the lookout beforehand.
Message 2 of 10
wajj
Contributor

Remember that even though the link appears, it is not a guarantee.  I tried for 3 months before they actually approved me for a CL (and my link didn't show up until I had the card 6 months).
Message 3 of 10
moonman
Frequent Contributor

From what i learned about Citi's luv here on the forums I was  informed that if you push it and a form appears then it is a hard pull and a cli can be 50/50 but both of my were granted without a credit pull so I accepted them but if a form came up  I would have left it alone.
Message 4 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

My statement cut on the 2nd and when it didn't appear by the 3rd I was going to give up for another month. It appeared today.
Message 5 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
My statement cut on the 2nd and when it didn't appear by the 3rd I was going to give up for another month. It appeared today.

When did you open the card?  Is this the first it appeared?

Message 6 of 10
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I was curious about citi and thier cards. Are they any good? i got a preapproval in the mail for thier MC in the mail looks like 18% variable with 10 months 0% offer on purchases and BT's but still the 3% fee.  I have been resisting any APPs lately and probally wont jump at this one either . But thought i would ask about them .
Message 7 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

When did you open the card?  Is this the first it appeared?

May 2008. Every 3 months but I think this time it was after 2 months. Got 1200. I use the card at least every other month PIF use about 8-9% of the limit.

Message 8 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

My "Luv Button" hard-free CLI's have come at 6 months and 9 months. We'll see what happens at 12 months. So far I am quite pleased.
Message 9 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Woolfman wrote:
I was curious about citi and thier cards. Are they any good? i got a preapproval in the mail for thier MC in the mail looks like 18% variable with 10 months 0% offer on purchases and BT's but still the 3% fee.  I have been resisting any APPs lately and probally wont jump at this one either . But thought i would ask about them .

I'd pass on 18% too.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.