Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI wastes no time

tag
LunaBuna
Regular Contributor

CITI wastes no time

So as i said in a different post, I applied for a Citi Costco Card on Sunday June 17, got the 7-10 day letter, received notice of approval the nest AM.  Now just four days later i receive notifcation that the new card is reprting on all CB's.  I have not even received the card yet, and it is reporting.

Compare this to Amex approvals on June 3 and June 4, which have not yet shown up.   

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI wastes no time

Yeah, that two month period between getting approved, posting on credit reports is kind of nice.

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

yes citi reports quickly within a few days usually like Barclays/Sync

Message 3 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I've had that experience with Citi of it reporting to the credit bureaus before even receiving the card, too.  I do like the Amex model better, especially if there's a big spend required to meet a signup bonus since you can get a "freebie" month of high utilization without it affecting your score.  Meanwhile, my ThankYou Premier just posted with like 76% utilization today.

Message 4 of 9
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Yes, but the other side of the argument is that the Amex two-month lag reporting a sizable CLI delays getting your credit utilization reduced.
Message 5 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

AMEX CLIs come through the next time the card is reported. The wait is for the card to report for the first time.

The wait can work both ways. If your file is thick and your utilization is in check, you delay a point loss. If this is one's second or third card or if utilization is high, you may be impatiently waiting for a point gain.

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol I haven't even received my DP yet and it reported to my Ex yesterday. So far no point loss but the next 2 reporting should do the trickSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I know Amex will eventually report so I dont mind if they take a couple of months. Means you have more room to play with if you want more cards as thew new account isnt showing yet. Unfortunately it doesnt help when you want that high CL to report so other issuers can see it.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got my BoA Premium rwards card on the 14th and put a grand on it really fast assuming I could pay it off with my next paycheck just to see that grand get posted to statement on the 18th.. thanks for $1k going against my utilization BoA!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.