cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIti Double Cash back 2% whats your CL and APR??

tag
smith5879
New Contributor

Re: CIti Double Cash back 2% whats your CL and APR??

Anyone know if their card is a WMC or WEMC? Seems like most new approvals are for under 5k, which if the WMC/WEMC are like the Visa Sig, need at least a 5k limit. I've got the Citi Dividend WEMC and will probably PC to this new card sometime in the near future. It would be nice if it also came in a WEMC version.

April 2014: EX FICO 763 | EQ FICO 760 | TU FICO 721
September 2018: EX FICO 811 | EQ FICO 815 | TU FICO 826

Amex BCP 24.5k | Chase Freedom VS 15k | Citi Double Cash WEMC 25k | Discover It 25.5k
Message 21 of 86
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@smith5879 wrote:

Anyone know if their card is a WMC or WEMC? Seems like most new approvals are for under 5k, which if the WMC/WEMC are like the Visa Sig, need at least a 5k limit. I've got the Citi Dividend WEMC and will probably PC to this new card sometime in the near future. It would be nice if it also came in a WEMC version.

Chase requires a $5k limit for Visa Siggy .... My Bank of America MLB cash rewards card has a $2,500 limit and is a World Mastercard

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 22 of 86
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

With all these new approval makes me want to app badly.  Glad I closed my TYP and USAA Amex to make way fo the CL I will get on this card.

its opposite for me with all these approvals and sub prime rates makes me not want to apply. 17.99+apr and less than 5k CL aren't very appealing to me. I guess i am the only negative nancy when it comes to this card. 

I honestly think that Fidelity Amex is still better at this point as it offers some sort of sign up bonus (mine was 75 at that time and i think it's $50 now). The advantage of the double cash is being a mastercard which is accepted in more places. The apr is not as competitive if you don't get the best offer. I think fidelity amex is 13.99 for everybody. 

also it's not as good for people who carry a high balance (as the other 1% is earned when you paid it off)

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 23 of 86
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

With all these new approval makes me want to app badly.  Glad I closed my TYP and USAA Amex to make way fo the CL I will get on this card.

its opposite for me with all these approvals and sub prime rates makes me not want to apply. 17.99+apr and less than 5k CL aren't very appealing to me. I guess i am the only negative nancy when it comes to this card. 

I honestly think that Fidelity Amex is still better at this point as it offers some sort of sign up bonus (mine was 75 at that time and i think it's $50 now). The advantage of the double cash is being a mastercard which is accepted in more places. The apr is not as competitive if you don't get the best offer. I think fidelity amex is 13.99 for everybody. 

also it's not as good for people who carry a high balance (as the other 1% is earned when you paid it off)

Both have certain hoops you kind of have to jump through. I think qs is more comparable than fidelity amex. I have voiced my opinion why i think qs is still viable. Most of my spending is categorized spending so i don't know how much i would use doublecash anyways. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 24 of 86
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

Both have certain hoops you kind of have to jump through. I think qs is more comparable than fidelity amex. I have voiced my opinion why i think qs is still viable. Most of my spending is categorized spending so i don't know how much i would use doublecash anyways. 

interesting.. most of my spendings are not categorized.. so a plain rate of cash back card w/o cap is very tempting to me.

Message 25 of 86
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

interesting.. most of my spendings are not categorized.. so a plain rate of cash back card w/o cap is very tempting to me.

well i don't know about having 2 2% cards if thats necesssary, i don't even know if having qs plus double cash is necessary. I will play the wait and see game and let the guinea pigs try out the card. are you going to apply for it ?

Message 26 of 86
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

well i don't know about having 2 2% cards if thats necesssary, i don't even know if having qs plus double cash is necessary. I will play the wait and see game and let the guinea pigs try out the card. are you going to apply for it ?

Not any time soon. I am still kinda convinced that they will offer sign up bonus in a year or two like BOA's 1-2-3 card.. i didn't get the sign up bonus for the time when i apped for it. 

Also I have fidelity amex. really not neccessary to have this. I am still trying to debate QS verses DCC. I want a visa/mc that offers no FTF. QS has that advantage. I also want the us bank cash plus.. so i don't think i have room for this card for now. I am still in the garden.

Message 27 of 86
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Not any time soon. I am still kinda convinced that they will offer sign up bonus in a year or two like BOA's 1-2-3 card.. i didn't get the sign up bonus for the time when i apped for it. 

Also I have fidelity amex. really not neccessary to have this. I am still trying to debate QS verses DCC. I want a visa/mc that offers no FTF. QS has that advantage. I also want the us bank cash plus.. so i don't think i have room for this card for now. I am still in the garden.

cool thats good you have an plan of cards youwant to get. I think i may be getting an sm card when i come back from thailand at end of september. I retired my BCP to BCE so i don't really have gas and groceries card. I still think if you ahve an QS then getting DCC card, but i am definately in minority , since everybody seems to love this new card. 

Message 28 of 86
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I'm less than sure about that!  As I said earlier, generally when you launch a card, you want the most interest and sign ups, so that would be a great time to have a bonus if that was ever part of the plan.   Future events, such as disappointing results or competitor products might force you to have a bonus later, but seems far from a given.

Message 29 of 86
Phaseshift
Contributor

Would you guys say that the Citi Double is hard to get?

Message 30 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.