can't get approved for a decent CL...
anyone
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CL

Good morning,

What are your scores through the credit agencies, if you dont mind me asking?  If you are rebuilding your credit a low CL should be expected.  Apply for a few credit cards and sit on them.  Use them here and there, pay them off and get some creditbility with that company.  Once you have established yourself for around 6 months, call and/or hit the CLI button on their website.

The process can be slow to get higher CLs but you will eventually get there.  Once you get your scores higher, when you apply for another credit card, you will be pleasantly surprised when you get approved and they give you an initial CL in the thousands.

I can give you my personal experience.  My first couple of credit cards had initial CLs ranging from 500-2500.  Once i established some creditibility, i reapplied for 3 newer credit cards over the past few weeks.  I was approved instantly with all 3:  AMEX Blue Cash $12K CL, Platinum Visa through NavyFCU $13K CL and a Hooters MC with a $5.2K CL.  

So basically a long story short, endure those low CLs for now and reap the rewards later!

Robo
Message 2 of 11
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

tu 592
eq 624
exp 614

pretty bad, these are from true credit
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey laryn your ficos might actually be higher that those fakos..I had a difference of 60 points on my Fico .....
Message 4 of 11
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

how much is that a mth to check those?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seen a 47.95 for all 3 for a year I think...ScoreWatch
Message 6 of 11
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

my fako ex was 614
fico ex was 583 (that is so upsetting) how to bring this up?  everything else i am happy with

fako trans was 592
fico was 617

fako eq 620
fico eq 658
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be encouraged..It all depends on whats on your EX report..Are there some derog's /collections late payments stuff like that..If so, have you tried disputing, goodwill letters or pay for deletes...on the otherhand youre in the 600s on 2 of your scores I dont understand why youre not able to obtain a card....
Message 8 of 11
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

I have a few.  I really don't need another.  What's bad it says too many new accounts. 
a few off the cards I paid in full haven't updated on my report will that make a difference.  I have on unpaid collection that I am trying to take care of...
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ones you have paid in full should make a difference the next time they are reported...Once you get that collection dealt with also should be a bug increase...Pay for delete seems good as long as you get it in writing....
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.