Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD on First Purchase...

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: CLD on First Purchase...

That is why, I carry very low balances on cards that I use a lot, I normally  pay once a week or twice a week to keep balances low and still keep using the cards. I guess next year or two until banks over come these credit jitters this is the best way to do. I remember a saying, you can't live with it and you can not live with out it.  We all have to use our best judgment and protect our interests so we can avoid this kind of situations.
Message 11 of 23
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

concorduser wrote:
Sorry to hear what happend to you. From what I read juniper/barclay is very common doing account closures and CLD.

Yeah, I hear ya.  It really doesn't matter that much.  I could have kept it open @ 750 but that really

ticked me off.  I just don't need to be doing business with a company that does people like that. 

They were talking to me like I was called to the principals' office in the 6th grade...lol.  No Joke. 

Just a lame experience for me.  I'm lucky I didn't take an immediate cruise with the card, I'd be stuck

in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean somewhere with $800 in cruise tickets and a $750 credit limit....

Smiley Very Happy   A very humiliating experience to say the least.  They can eat dust as far as I am

concerned.   My new B of A Platinum Visa will be in today and it has a $2000 CL so I didn't loose

anything really. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 12 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

unknown_entity wrote:

My new B of A Platinum Visa will be in today and it has a $2000 CL so I didn't loose anything really. 

Just remember, according to the press, BoA is one of the worst Balance Chasers in the business Smiley Very Happy

unknown_entity wrote:

I just don't need to be doing business with a company that does people like that. 

That leaves you with CUs only at the moment in this horrible credit crunch  Smiley Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you got alot of new inquires or accounts--they did me like that but it took about 3 mos--went from 1750 to 500 --called and advised due to too many new open accounts--didnt know this would happen before I got to applying for cards but heard the news thru this website after I went on my spree--but it was all good I was proud of the new cards I obtained regardless of what they thought---thats why they dont get much active regardless of the good APR--I just do something and PIF to show activity --told them they didnt deserve my usage LOL--they always send notices for BT --what in the world you can transfer on a 500 limit --be for real---already dont take much to be over 50 percent usage or max out the card Smiley Happy--they claimed they would review my account in 4-6 mos and other accounts to determine if I can have an increase--havent seen it yet--OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!
Message 14 of 23
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

To heck with them.  More often than not, all we have as ammunition, as customers, is our business.  I'm not going to reward them with my business when they treat me like that.  And I won't encourage anyone else to do business with them either.  They can keep their lousy 750 CL.  If you ask me it's just a ploy to lure customers in at a perceived, decent credit limit, then ax it within a week of activation when the account isn't even in default.  It's a scam.  Or maybe a divine intervention to keep me off of one of those raggedy **sed Carnival Cruise Tubs......Smiley Very Happy
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 15 of 23
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@unknown_entity wrote:
To heck with them. More often than not, all we have as ammunition, as customers, is our business. I'm not going to reward them with my business when they treat me like that. And I won't encourage anyone else to do business with them either. They can keep their lousy 750 CL. If you ask me it's just a ploy to lure customers in at a perceived, decent credit limit, then ax it within a week of activation when the account isn't even in default. It's a scam. Or maybe a divine intervention to keep me off of one of those raggedy **sed Carnival Cruise Tubs......Smiley Very Happy

Exactly.
Here we go again...
Message 16 of 23
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

That Bank is right next to HSBC in my book not worthy of my business I have a list of banks that I won't do business with .. I don't want a credit card that I have to be afraid to use for FR or CLD or crazy fees. If you got bad credit and are looking to rebuild go with secured first before paying those crazy fees. You only need 3 credit cards use them pay them and cli them build those. Try Credit Unions , Local Banks etc . USAA , JFCU, Nasa CU and NFCU.

Bad List (lol)                               

1. HSBC / Orchard Bank        
2. Barclays Bank                        
3. American Express                      
4. First Premier
5. Chase
6. Capital One
7. Credit One

Message 17 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

armywifey85 wrote:
Bad List (lol)                               

1. HSBC / Orchard Bank        
2. Barclays Bank                        
3. American Express                      
4. First Premier
5. Chase
6. Capital One
7. Credit One

You forgot USBank and Wells Fargo  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 05-01-2008 10:16 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 18 of 23
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

oh yea them tooo lol..
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be sure to add Applied Bank to your list. As bad or worse than First Premier.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.