Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI DECLINED ON AE ACCT

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

CLI DECLINED ON AE ACCT

Sister requested CLI on ON card and was granted $500, so feeling lucky she went ahead and did the same with her AE card via automated system and was declined. Since it was declined does she have to wait ANOTHER 6 MONTHS TO REQUEST CLI OR CAN SHE DO IT ONCE NEW STATEMENT ON JANUARY 18TH. Last automatic cli was in July 2012 for both ON and AE. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: CLI DECLINED ON AE ACCT

I was recently declined and I work there.. And I have a zero balance and a large credit line. I'd just wait my assumption Is they're not accepting CLIs at all now.. Try again in the spring time... Tell her to just have a good pay history and pay in full when she can ... As someone who had to market these cards we learned this from GE theirselves
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@colindidit are you the one that has a HIGH CL on AE and that is still a store card? When it should be a VISA by now? Because mostly all the AE Visa upgrades Ive read say that by the time they reach $2,000 they have been offered the vISA Upgrade. You should call Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 9
colindidit
Established Contributor

I have too many inqs to get the visa ... Other wise I'd call and upgrade.. I was CLI automatically to this amount.. I'm fine with it not being a visa at this though because the interest rate is absurd at a 24.99 which is only 1 percent less from the store card. Additionally as an employee I can't reap any of the rewards so I see no point to use it but to keep it open as my oldest card
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 4 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Oh okay then now it makes sense. The whole reason why she got OLD NAVY CREDIT CARD AND AE WAS BECAUSE OF THE VISA UPGRADES. Hopefully they keep on giving cli's. Thanks for sharing!!

Message 5 of 9
colindidit
Established Contributor

Yeah the upgrade requires a HP which isn't worth it when they usually decrease the amount of credit you originally have because of it being a liability.. Ill eventually try tho
Message 6 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hmm yea ive read that some people dont even get their CL changed when upgraded. Maybe just the fact that you can use it basically anywhere since it is licensed by VISA and VISA gets accepted EVERYWHERE. Other than that she wouldnt of gotten it because its not our favorite store .Once A VISA IT WILL BE USED FOR EMERGENCIES. 

Message 7 of 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

its alright. 

i opened both walmart and ae the same month. 

walmart has grown with me from 800 to 5k(store card)  and ive barely used it

ae ive put about 1k on and they denied me a cli. i called back right after thanksgiving and jokingly asked for 5k but id be happy with 2k. they softed me and granted only a 300 limit increase. so now the card is sd at 700.

this card really offers no rewards besides not tying up major credit cards. i dont even think i want the visa version. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats true^^ but once a VISA you can use it anywhere else and pay it in full so do they dont get any interest. If no CLI by June it will surely be sleeping in the sock drawer and it will the first one! muahahaha

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.