Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Differences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Differences

Hey guys!

So, I haven't applied to any new credit cards for a few months and don't plan to until 2018.

My question is with CLI's.

I want to ask for a few CLI's, but I don't want any hard pulls on any of the accounts. 

I was wondering if you had any experience with requesting a CLI with any of these cards and with it not becoming a hard pull...

My cards are: Macy's, Amazon, Jared's, Sunglass Hut 

i tried with BoA and it ended up coming back as a hard pull! 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI Differences

ttt
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon will be a sp. 

You should search the forum to see how to cli boa with a sp because it can be done. I don't have any of their products, so I don't know the specifics. 

I would also search jareds and Macy's as well. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'm nervous about HP's! How long typically before you ask for a CLI?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That can vary by lender for sp.....for example, capital one is 1 every 6 months, Discover doesn't have a stone set cadence, NFCU after quarterly AR, etc

The best course of action is to search your specific cardsand sp cli in the forums search box. Example: BOA SP CLI. 

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Macys is hit or miss in my experience. They can hit you up with an hp or just give it up sp style. My last 2 increases have been sp , WITH frozen reports, (bless their hearts lol) . I think with them alot depends on how long youve had account and how you are using it. Before my last 2 increases i requested one , they gave an hp and all i got was a lousy( Smiley Wink ) $600 cli tshirt. But my account has aged now and i baught somethings and pif when able and wala , 900 and 2k increasesSmiley Happy

Amazon is usually sp but i personally will hesitate to day ALWAYS as i have an EXPERIAN hp to prove it( still didnt get increase even with a 700 ficoSmiley Sad ).

Jareds i have no experience so could go either way as i have seen some Comenity accounts skyrocket with sp love while others are hp.

Sunglass Hut, which i have but honestly dont believe anyone should actively seek a cli for , im guessing would be hp as it , like my PepBoys, are Synchrony Financial who usually require to see your credit report to extend more credit.

From what ive read and experienced, Boa usually will be hp, though there could be exemptions. In their case expect one and be pleasantly surprised if not given one. Best of luck on your journeySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys!

So, I haven't applied to any new credit cards for a few months and don't plan to until 2018.

My question is with CLI's.

I want to ask for a few CLI's, but I don't want any hard pulls on any of the accounts. 

I was wondering if you had any experience with requesting a CLI with any of these cards and with it not becoming a hard pull...

My cards are: Macy's, Amazon, Jared's, Sunglass Hut 

i tried with BoA and it ended up coming back as a hard pull! 

Thanks 

Call the number behind Macy's card and ask them if they can SP CLI only. They did it for me couple of weeks ago. They Ask howmuch I wanted and give me the full 5K. Big jump from 800SL

Looks like you got the answer on other cards already.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.