Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Question / How much do you spend on CC's a month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI Question / How much do you spend on CC's a month

@dragontears wrote:
Just as an FYI with requesting a cli from cap1 even though it asks for your cc spend you can leave it blank and it doesn't appear to effect your cli (at least in my experience)

Yes you can leave it blank, but how would you know if it impacts your CLI?  There's no way to know as you can't go back after receiving your decision and change it.  I personally wouldn't think entering in your CC spend would impact the yes/no decision of the CLI, but I wouldn't be surprised if it impacted the amount of a received CLI, at least to a small degree.

Message 41 of 55
dragontears
Senior Contributor

You can only not go back and try again if you accept the cli
Message 42 of 55
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Everyones Mileage Will Vary.

One poster on here dropped 50 points for a $3k purchase.

I went from 0% util to over 20% (almost $20k) to take advantage of 0% and my score dropped 5 points.

I went to 15% and it went up 7 points.  

YMWV

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 43 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:
You can only not go back and try again if you accept the cli

So are you saying that you've left the total CC spend field blank, proceeded with the CLI request, been approved a CLI, then declined it, gone back and put a value inthe CC spend field, proceeded with the CLI request again, and been approved for the same exact amount?

Unless you have gone through that exact process outlined above, there's no definitive way to say whether or not putting something in the total CC spend field matters or not.

Message 44 of 55
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Yes that is what I am saying
Message 45 of 55
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

That is good to know...I have a capital one card, but the limit is so high I never requested an increase. Sounds like they are just being nosey wanting to find out how much you are using their competitors cards.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 46 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

So then you've proven that it doesn't matter if the result was going to be a CLI approval.  What you can't prove, however, is what happens in the event of a denial.

If you put nothing in the CC spend field, proceed and get a CLI denial there's no way to go back and test the same exact data point with the only difference being having a number entered into that field.

Message 47 of 55
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

So then you've proven that it doesn't matter if the result was going to be a CLI approval.  What you can't prove, however, is what happens in the event of a denial.

If you put nothing in the CC spend field, proceed and get a CLI denial there's no way to go back and test the same exact data point with the only difference being having a number entered into that field.

If you are denied cli, they are required to notify you of the reason for the denial. I am not sure whether the amount you use revolving credit each month can legally be a reason for denial...not saying it can't, just don't know if it can. Discover denied a cli for me...reason stated...Insufficient experience at the higher credit limit with this credit issuer. I kid you not...they refused to raise the limit because I have not got enough experience with them at the higher limit. My limit is 5750 with them and their site does not allow input of amount requested. So, how am I to get experience with them at a higher limit without them giving me a higher limit? Most ridiculous denial reason ever. My credit is almost perfect and most of my cards are at 10000 cl.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 48 of 55
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

. Discover denied a cli for me...reason stated...Insufficient experience at the higher credit limit with this credit issuer. I kid you not...they refused to raise the limit because I have not got enough experience with them at the higher limit. 

Had they recently given you a CLI?  Usually this means insufficient at the new(ish) CL, not at a higher than you have CL.

Message 49 of 55
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

. Discover denied a cli for me...reason stated...Insufficient experience at the higher credit limit with this credit issuer. I kid you not...they refused to raise the limit because I have not got enough experience with them at the higher limit. 

Had they recently given you a CLI?  Usually this means insufficient at the new(ish) CL, not at a higher than you have CL.

Yes about 2 months prior I recieved cli from 4000 to 5750

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.